Eric in black cover?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Eric in black cover?

Postby sparkeh » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:48 pm

Hello all,

So I only got in Discworld recently and have been collecting the Black cover editions, I noticed that Eric seems to have been skipped in the releases.

Are there plans to release Eric in this cover? I see that the audio CD has the artwork for a black cover already but no book.

TIA

Sparkeh
sparkeh

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi there sparkeh and welcome! :)

As far as I know Eric wasn't published by the usual publishing house and it originally came out as an illustrated large format book with artwork by Josh Kirby inside. That was later brought out as a paperback without illustrations.

That may be why it never made it into a black cover. I'm guessing (but don't know) that The Last Hero also never made it into black covers. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby sparkeh » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Ahh! Thank you!

Now I have a reason for the gap in my collection without my brain itching!

cheers!
sparkeh

Postby chris.ph » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:09 pm

welcome to the site sparkeh
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jammo111 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:19 pm

Came here for the same reason, and to ask the same question. But as sparkeh said above, if they have the black cover for the audio cd, why cant they have it for the book?
Jammo111

Postby Ben Carey » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi

Dose anyone know if there are plans for Eric to come out in the black cover books?

and dose anyone know if there are any others that havn't been mentioned in the discworld series that are not in the Black covers?
Ben Carey

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Ben Carey wrote:Hi

Dose anyone know if there are plans for Eric to come out in the black cover books?

and dose anyone know if there are any others that havn't been mentioned in the discworld series that are not in the Black covers?
Hi Ben, as I said earlier, Eric wasn't published by Terry's usual publishers as it originally came out in a large format illustrated version.

So the answer is that I don't know. You might try contacting Terry's publishers and seeing if they have any plans for doing this.

Welcome to the site. :)
Tonyblack

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Tony dont forget about the normal paperback editions that were printed.
1 Vista
2 VG SF
3 Millenium
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:16 pm

The_Discworldaholic wrote:Tony dont forget about the normal paperback editions that were printed.
1 Vista
2 VG SF
3 Millenium
Thanks - I hadn't forgotten, but I really don't know what the status with this book is. Do Tansworld have the rights to it? That's the only way I can see it coming out with the black covers. :?
Tonyblack

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:47 pm

wasnt vgsf brought out by them? if so i would imagine they would, but saying that if they had i would have thought theyd of done it by now.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:50 pm

Ha just checked out the wiki orion own it and the dialouge on the site explains why all three different company names are on the spine.
The_Discworldaholic

Eric in black cover

Postby winther » Mon May 18, 2009 10:07 am

Hiya all,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to Terry Pratchett's wonderful world of humour. I'm collecting the black cover adult editions as well, and noticed something a bit odd...

On the back of these editions, each book has its number in the series printed in dark grey lettering. It seems as if Eric has been counted into those numbers as book #9... yet it hasn't been published in this layout as far as i know... weird!

Anyhow, just wanted to share this...

PS. I'm a BIG fan of the new black layout btw. The only thing that would have made them any cooler would be if they had released them as hardcover...
winther

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi winther and welcome to the forum! :D

That is odd - but I have to say that I've really not looked closely at the 'black' editions. :?
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon May 18, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi winther, I'm one of those people that don't like the black cover versions, so dreary with the absence of any colour or at least very little.Oh! and welcome to the site. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 18, 2009 4:10 pm

It's kind of nice to have all the books in the same format, in order on your bookshelf. I got really annoyed that Wintersmith came out in a different size and format to the previous Tiffany books. It may seem a small gripe, but the other two hardbacks (UK) were a somewhat smaller size than the other 'mainstream' Discworld books. Then Wintersmith came out and was the same size as the 'mainstream' ones.

I can certainly see the attraction of having a set of the 'black' editions and would think they'd look quite handsome on a bookshelf. :D
Tonyblack

Next

Return to Discworld novels