Angua and Carrot

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Angua and Carrot

Postby fanahoria » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Hello, first of all excuse me for my poor english and spelling mistakes. I cant express myself properly but I,ll enjoy a lot reading your opinion about this couple.

I,ve read up to Nightwatch. And I,m expecting to read more of them in future novels. Angua is very complicated and Carrot is so simple, it seems that it cant work.

I also want to share with you this beautiful video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv5F24lu4Sg enjoy it
fanahoria

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Neat video! :D

Don't worry about your English - it seems very good to me. Certainly better than my Spanish!

I think Angua is far more interesting than Carrot and, frankly, I don't know what she sees in him. I guess it's like a dog - a dog doesn't care if his master is good or bad, so long as he cares for the dog.

Carrot seems to be a very moral man. He very strict and somewhat old fashioned ideas about such things as condoms and yet he doesn't seem to have gotten around to marrying Angua. I find that kind of odd. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby fanahoria » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:28 pm

marriage!? I,ve never thought of that.

I prefer more romantic scenes between them, but this is discworld.
fanahoria

Postby Beyond Birthday » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:00 am

I'd like to see a Discworld book focus on Angua and Carrot.

I've said this many times but Carrot is Discworld's version of Superman, and some people find that level of morality and hope sickening.

Angua is Carrot's first girlfriend so it seems unlikely that they'll stay together and since Carrot is fully dedicated to his job (as dedicated as Batman) that makes it doubly so.
Beyond Birthday

Postby BaldFriede » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:17 am

I personalyl hope to see a lesbian relationship between Angua and Sally von Humpedinck, and I entirely believe it to be possible. If Angua follows the advice Sally gives her in "Thud!" she will distance herself from Carrot. And, despite all the arguing between them because of the differnt species they belong to I think there is a certain kind of attraction between them. If it were not so Angua would not have to insist on "but this does not mean the two of us are bonding", as she does in "Thud!" Of course the couple, if they really became one, would have to face a lot of problems, but that's what would make the relationship spicey.
BaldFriede

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:58 am

Beyond Birthday wrote:
Angua is Carrot's first girlfriend so it seems unlikely that they'll stay together and since Carrot is fully dedicated to his job (as dedicated as Batman) that makes it doubly so.

No she isn't. Carrot had a girlfriend (Minty, I think) when he lived with the dwarfs, and if I remember correctly he was walking out with Reet before be met Angua. :P
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby BaldFriede » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:28 am

poohcarrot wrote:
Beyond Birthday wrote:

No she isn't. Carrot had a girlfriend (Minty, I think) when he lived with the dwarfs, and if I remember correctly he was walking out with Reet before be met Angua. :P

Hardly; Reet is a lady of negotiable affection, though Carrot is not aware of it.
BaldFriede

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:02 am

Prostitutes can have boyfriends. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:27 am

Absolutely they can and do!

Reet and Carrot were not together as a business transaction. They seemed to spend a lot of time walking around the city together visiting the sights. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby BaldJean » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:27 pm

Of course they were not together as a business transaction; young Carrot did not even have an idea such things existed. But ut was not really a romantic relationship either. Don't forget Carrot's upbringing is dwarven, and dwarf relationships just doon't work like that. If it had not been for the rather forward Angua I doubt Carrot and Angua would have started a sexual relationship at all. And even Angua has to be persuaded by Gaspode.
BaldJean

Postby shegallivants » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 pm

I think The Fifth Elephant is both a good argument for Carrot/Angua and 'Carrot's hidden depth'.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
shegallivants

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:53 pm

shegallivants :P

You ain't gonna win trying to pursuade this lot that Carrot's a great character - most people don't like him. :roll:

The only people who do like him are me and Capt Creation. So that says it all. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby DaveC » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:55 pm

poohcarrot wrote:shegallivants :P

You ain't gonna win trying to pursuade this lot that Carrot's a great character - most people don't like him. :roll:

The only people who do like him are me and Capt Creation. So that says it all. :lol:

I like him. Just can't think of a decent argument why. :oops:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:57 pm

So that's a creationist, an atheist and a projectionist. :lol: What a shambles! :roll:
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:59 pm

poohcarrot wrote:The only people who do like him are me and Capt Creation. So that says it all. :lol:

When did I say I don't like him?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Next

Return to Discworld novels