Snuff Release

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby pip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm

We had to get a custome floor to ceiling bookshelf put in. And we have an overflow bookshelf in the spare bedroom. And then theres the work bookshelf we share. Lot of books. :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm

:shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:19 pm

I like my books both to read and show so i've built a bit of a collection . bit mad but hey .
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:24 pm

For the love of god, don't bring matches into the house!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Both non smokers thankfully. :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Oh SO confident.... I had collected for twenty five years.... I had a library... I mean a REAL library... and then two rooms downstairs.... I have seen bookshops with less And I had read them all...... :cry:

Moving house one time.... all in boxes ... waiting for the mover... and we got a flash flood that went through the lower garage the night before where the boxes were.... :cry:
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Poor Del :(
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Bummer. :cry:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:59 pm

deldaisy wrote:Oh SO confident.... I had collected for twenty five years.... I had a library... I mean a REAL library... and then two rooms downstairs.... I have seen bookshops with less And I had read them all...... :cry:

Moving house one time.... all in boxes ... waiting for the mover... and we got a flash flood that went through the lower garage the night before where the boxes were.... :cry:

Noooooo!
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:03 pm

It gets MUCH worse...

I managed to save what I could save (while the movers were arriving and needing to move stuff).

A year later ..... and I had the remains in a library I set up in a downstairs room (half of under the house was double garage and half was living area.. a granny flat type of thing we didn't LIVE in but used).

I left the EX (do you ever wonder WHY he's the ex?) in charge of the garage sale we were having for a hour or so while I went to make lunch for us and the kids.....

and when I went back down... (I had to walk through the library to get to the garage) and found most of the shelves bare.... and the EX at the sale selling my books for 20 cents a copy. The original Galaxy mags? $2 a bunch..... and people walking out with their arms filled to busting.

........... ....... . . ... . .
my goodness...
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:36 pm

definitely grounds for divorce that :evil:
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Ouch, that must have really hurt Del
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Just saw THIS on the PJSM website. :D

Not sure how long it will stay on the "News" page, so here's the text:

PJSM News wrote:January 26th 2011

Snuff

According to the writer of the best selling crime novel ever to have been published in the city of Ankh-Morpork, it is a truth universally acknowledged that a policeman taking a holiday would barely have had time to open his suitcase before he finds his first corpse.

And Commander Sam Vimes of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch is on holiday in the pleasant and innocent countryside, but not for him a mere body in the wardrobe, but many, many bodies and an ancient crime more terrible than murder.

He is out of his jurisdiction, out of his depth, out of bacon sandwiches, occasionally snookered and occasionally out of his mind, but not out of guile. Where there is a crime there must be a finding, there must be a chase and there must be a punishment.

They say that in the end all sins are forgiven.

But not quite all…

Published 13th October 2011

Signed copies available for pre-order from August 2011
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raisindot » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:52 am

Tonyblack wrote:Just saw THIS on the PJSM website. :D

Ohhhhhhhhh....October is so far away!

I'd sell Pooh's soul for an advance copy....

J-I-B
raisindot

Postby chris.ph » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:07 pm

deldaisy wrote:It gets MUCH worse...

I managed to save what I could save (while the movers were arriving and needing to move stuff).

A year later ..... and I had the remains in a library I set up in a downstairs room (half of under the house was double garage and half was living area.. a granny flat type of thing we didn't LIVE in but used).

I left the EX (do you ever wonder WHY he's the ex?) in charge of the garage sale we were having for a hour or so while I went to make lunch for us and the kids.....

and when I went back down... (I had to walk through the library to get to the garage) and found most of the shelves bare.... and the EX at the sale selling my books for 20 cents a copy. The original Galaxy mags? $2 a bunch..... and people walking out with their arms filled to busting.

........... ....... . . ... . .
my goodness...

it would not be ex it would be deceased if somebody did that to my books and i have a few
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels