Anyone have an extra Kirby "Small Gods" for sale?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Anyone have an extra Kirby "Small Gods" for sale?

Postby raisindot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:11 am

Looking through my 'imported' collection of Kirby cover Corgis, I realized that I had never purchased "Small Gods."

If anyone has an extra one in pretty good shape that they wouldn't mind selling and shipping to me, I'd love to add this one to my collection. I realize shipping will be around US $7-$8, and that's okay with me, plus whatever you think the book is worth. I can get these on Amazon Canada, but you never really know in what condition a used book is when you get it from them. Besides, I'd rather give one of you the money than some generic bookshop I've never heard of.

I can pay via Paypal, which I've used in the past when purchasing the rest of my DW imports through Ebay.

And, no, I'm NOT interested in a Corgi version of Pyramids! :D

J-I-B
raisindot

Postby michelanCello » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:33 am

I don't have one, but, hey! This was your 600th post! :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 am

I've got a pyraNid version of a corgi if that's any good? :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby pip » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:39 am

Don't blame you what with Pyramids being by far the weakest of the Discworld books. :twisted: :twisted:

Sadly don't have a double up on Small Gods.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Fools and idiots seldom differ. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Verns » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:06 am

Dot, do you mean a hardback or a paperback?

I don't have it in hardback, but you are more than welcome to have my paperback Corgi/Kirby version, as I prefer the black covered one. Sorry, Kirby fans, but what irritates me about the covers is not being able to see the entire picture because of inconvenient things like the title and the blurb on the back.

In democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism it's your count that votes.
Verns

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Verns wrote:Dot, do you mean a hardback or a paperback?

I don't have it in hardback, but you are more than welcome to have my paperback Corgi/Kirby version, as I prefer the black covered one. Sorry, Kirby fans, but what irritates me about the covers is not being able to see the entire picture because of inconvenient things like the title and the blurb on the back.

The Hardback was a Gollancz edition.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raisindot » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Verns wrote:Dot, do you mean a hardback or a paperback?

Verns, even the title-covered Kirby fronts and backs are preferable to the execrable American covers. I collect the Kirby paperbacks, so if you'd be willing to sell me yours at a reasonable price, please PM me and tell me how much you'd want for it, including shipping (which will obviously be the most expensive part of it). Use UK currency; it's easy enough for me to convert it. If you have Paypal, you can send a request to me in UK currency and when I pay it in $US it'll automatically convert.

Thanks!

J-I-B
raisindot

Postby Verns » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 pm

raisindot wrote:Verns, even the title-covered Kirby fronts and backs are preferable to the execrable American covers. I collect the Kirby paperbacks, so if you'd be willing to sell me yours at a reasonable price, please PM me and tell me how much you'd want for it, including shipping (which will obviously be the most expensive part of it). Use UK currency; it's easy enough for me to convert it. If you have Paypal, you can send a request to me in UK currency and when I pay it in $US it'll automatically convert.

Thanks!

J-I-B

Sorted :D

In democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism it's your count that votes.
Verns

Return to Discworld novels