Which Discworld novel do you recommend to start at?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby btlfannz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:34 am

snowballs wrote:Wow everybody seems pleasant here :shock: almost shocking. In our village everybody ignores one another until they have got some booze in them, then they are all best freinds. Your'e not all drunk are you?

Drunk? Drunk? How dare you madam.....mad as a spoon?.... ah, well, quite possibly.
I have a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. - Blackadder
btlfannz

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:55 am

btl's been at the Klatchian coffee again. He's completely knurd! :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby snowballs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:18 pm

poohcarrot wrote:btl's been at the Klatchian coffee again. He's completely knurd! :lol:

Actually klatchian coffee would be really funny here, sneak it into the punsch and everybody here would stop talking to one another halfway through the party.
snowballs

Postby deldaisy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

snowballs wrote:Wow everybody seems pleasant here :shock: almost shocking. In our village everybody ignores one another until they have got some booze in them, then they are all best freinds. Your'e not all drunk are you?

Not drunk ... running a fever...mortally ill..... thought I would say hello with one of my last coherent thoughts.....
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby snowballs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:37 pm

deldaisy wrote:

Not drunk ... running a fever...mortally ill..... thought I would say hello with one of my last coherent thoughts.....

Not swine flu I hope, good job that zoonoses dont get transmitted to computers.

Oh yeah get well soon. Ever tried writing or painting when youve got a fever?, it's amazing how the fantasy works when your brains cooking. Only problem is that when your well you dont really understand what it is your looking at.
snowballs

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:22 am

snowballs wrote: Ever tried writing or painting when youve got a fever?, it's amazing how the fantasy works when your brains cooking. Only problem is that when your well you dont really understand what it is your looking at.

Hi snowballs! :P

It's better with magic mushrooms. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby snowballs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 pm

poohcarrot wrote:
snowballs wrote: Ever tried writing or painting when youve got a fever?, it's amazing how the fantasy works when your brains cooking. Only problem is that when your well you dont really understand what it is your looking at.

Hi snowballs! :P

It's better with magic mushrooms. :lol:

I agree, we have some of the best mushrooms in the world here, but thats my past life. Wrote the history of bongs once after a rave, it was 8 pages of ununderstandable drivel but fun to write. Fever works the same but better.
snowballs

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Did you get your history of bongs published bacause I'd like to read it? :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby snowballs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:45 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Did you get your history of bongs published bacause I'd like to read it? :lol:

I think one of my freinds kept it but I dont know where she is anymore.

I am writing a book though (not while wasted) one day I will at least try to get it published, trying to write about 500 words a day (or night as due to the neck I only sleep a couple of hours at a time) It's about twins saving the world with the help of gnomes by helping the ghosts find signal free paths to their resting places.
snowballs

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:50 pm

snowballs wrote:I am writing a book though (not while wasted) one day I will at least try to get it published, trying to write about 500 words a day (or night as due to the neck I only sleep a couple of hours at a time) It's about twins saving the world with the help of gnomes by helping the ghosts find signal free paths to their resting places.

Er....nope! I'd rather read about the bongs. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby snowballs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:15 pm

poohcarrot wrote:
snowballs wrote:I am writing a book though (not while wasted) one day I will at least try to get it published, trying to write about 500 words a day (or night as due to the neck I only sleep a couple of hours at a time) It's about twins saving the world with the help of gnomes by helping the ghosts find signal free paths to their resting places.

Er....nope! I'd rather read about the bongs. :lol:

Sounds as if I could do shamanistic tours here in the autumn with mushroom tea and bongs. Shame I dont do that type of stuff anymore :roll:
snowballs

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:22 pm

You're never too old, and the music's never too loud! :P

Just out of interest, snowballs, what is the general impression in Sweden about those two Swedish women who claim they were raped by Julian Assange? :?
poohcarrot

Postby snowballs » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:26 pm

poohcarrot wrote:You're never too old, and the music's never too loud! :P

Just out of interest, snowballs, what is the general impression in Sweden about those two Swedish women who claim they were raped by Julian Assange? :?

Dont know, but it seems strange that they were freinds with him afterwards. As for the Swedish authorities, it's embarrasing that they seem to be doing the states dirtywork. Even if he was guilty of not rape as it isnt classed as rape its never going to come to trial even if it was somebody else that did it.l
snowballs

Previous

Return to Discworld novels