Status Update.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby pip » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Can't afford to really
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:55 pm

DaveC wrote:
pip wrote:excellent.

Oddly still haven't got wheres my cow, folklore and footnotes either. Some day i'll get brave enough to buy a copy of footnotes even though i've read most of it anyway.

Not really willing to spend £300 or more on that. :roll:

Wish I'd bought more copies of Once More With Footnotes, I just ordered a copy when it came out and I think it cost about $30 including postage never thought it was going to be difficult to get. :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby pip » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:38 am

The Mad Collector wrote:
DaveC wrote:
pip wrote:excellent.

Oddly still haven't got wheres my cow, folklore and footnotes either. Some day i'll get brave enough to buy a copy of footnotes even though i've read most of it anyway.

Not really willing to spend £300 or more on that. :roll:

Wish I'd bought more copies of Once More With Footnotes, I just ordered a copy when it came out and I think it cost about $30 including postage never thought it was going to be difficult to get. :roll:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing :roll:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby DaveC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:08 am

Hindsight would be awesome. You could see where you've been at the same time as you're going somewhere else.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 am

My new neighbour gave me a hardback edition of the graphic novel of Colour of Money/Light Fantastic last night.

Bless him!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby DaveC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:My new neighbour gave me a hardback edition of the graphic novel of Colour of Money/Light Fantastic last night.

Bless him!!

Cool beans!

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:09 am

To be honest, I'm not a fan of graphic novels, though I've only ever read 1 - Buffy ( :oops: :oops: ), it seemed all over the place, but perhaps this will be different.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby DaveC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:31 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:To be honest, I'm not a fan of graphic novels, though I've only ever read 1 - Buffy ( :oops: :oops: ), it seemed all over the place, but perhaps this will be different.

The Buffy Season 8s - I read them only 2 issues to go till the end and a year till Season 9 :cry:

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:35 am

I read 2 or 3 of the magazines, and found the narrative to be all over the place - instead of boxes going l/r across the page, it seemed to be dotted all over.

Bouncy Castle

Postby DaveC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:50 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:I read 2 or 3 of the magazines, and found the narrative to be all over the place - instead of boxes going l/r across the page, it seemed to be dotted all over.

OK well the new seeason 8 started a few years ago and is nearing the end its over 40 issue run in a couple of months. Its starts off set about a year and a half after the end of season 7.

There are also the some new Anggel comics that came out just after and are still going, that show what happenned when Wolfram and Hart brought Hell to LA.

Well worth reading - each arc are collected in graphic novels.

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:12 pm

I hear Angel became Bezzie Mates with the Dragon! :lol:

Bouncy Castle

Postby DaveC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:I hear Angel became Bezzie Mates with the Dragon! :lol:

Named it Cordy! :D

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby deldaisy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:My new neighbour gave me a hardback edition of the graphic novel of Colour of Money/Light Fantastic last night.

Bless him!!

So you NEW neighbour already knows you love Terry Prachett to the point he/she GIVES you free Terry Prachett books that he/she KNOWS you don't have............ thats some welcome wagon you put out there Bouncy! Or are you the kind of "welcoming" neighbour that lands on the doorstep as the movers are walking out and never leaves. :D :D :D

"For Gods sakes Robert just GIVE her some books and she might go away.... at least they might keep her busy for a few days so we can get some sleep! If she brings ONE more Devils Food cake over here for a "midnight feast" we are moving! Robert? Where are the cats?...."
deldaisy

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm

deldaisy wrote: Robert? Where are the cats?...."

...to be continued in next weeks' Daily Mail. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby deldaisy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:33 pm

Oh Oh I just reread your post..... :D Its a him... a HIM!!!!! :wink: Ahhhh! :wink:

"Hi Robert! Robbie? Robert? Rob? The..... Robster!? he he he he :D Just wanted to see you were settling in and brought you an Angel Foo....OHHHH look at that lovely china vase. Innit lovely! Oh you gots lots of lovely stuff 'aven't you :D Oooooo and WHAT a lovely lovely couch *splays herself upon it* Big enough for TWO innit? he he he he :D OHHHHHH! You have Terry Pratchett books toooooooo!!!!!! I read Terry Pratchet allll the time I do. I have read EVERY single book.... 57 times! Yep! Me and Pratchy! Mates! Well, not mates but I DO have a few flowers pressed in my telepoone book at home he gave me... well not GAVE me as such... they fell in my hand when I accidently fell over his hedge and into his garden last year... the nice policemen said I could keep them. Soooo.... Robbie... ohhhhhhhh a cat!..."
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels