I Shall Wear Midnight *Spoilers*

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: I Shall Wear Midnight *Spoilers*

Postby Tonyblack » Tue May 20, 2014 8:44 pm

It's definitely older Tiffany as far as I'm concerned. The hare brooch is a dead give-away. :D

I remember the amount of discussion we all had when we saw the cover before the book came out.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 pm

That's a possibility,DWP might find out more at the convention in August. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Discworldpadawan » Wed May 21, 2014 1:46 pm

I hope an idea can be obtained in August of how far / close away the next book is too! Also In this book I had a huge shock when Tiffany first told Roland she was going to Marry him!! :o :o :o Only to later realise towards the end of the Book it was meant Marry as in Marrying Roland to his bride-to-be Letitia, the way a pastor or priest would! Clever! Hope Tiffany does end up with Preston, they're well suited :)
A Nod is the same as a wink to a blind horse . . .
Discworldpadawan

Postby RolandItwasntmyfault » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 am

I first thought it is Esk on the cover (before reading I already knew that Esk will have an appereance in the book), but after I knew about the hare-brooch and after I knew that Tiff meets herself I have been pretty sure that this must be Tiff herself on the cover.

Discworldpadawan wrote:I hope an idea can be obtained in August of how far / close away the next book is too! Also In this book I had a huge shock when Tiffany first told Roland she was going to Marry him!! :o :o :o Only to later realise towards the end of the Book it was meant Marry as in Marrying Roland to his bride-to-be Letitia, the way a pastor or priest would! Clever! Hope Tiffany does end up with Preston, they're well suited :)

Yes! This has been one of this wonderful moments at which I had to click my tongue as I realized how it turned out "to marry Roland". Very good! :clap: :clap:
"A thousand elephants!" (Moving Pictures)
"Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." (Hogfather)
RolandItwasntmyfault

Postby fids » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Just re-read this book, loved the way it ended tiff's education and set her on her way. An amazing journey following tiffany through her trials and tribulations to qualify as a witch.

I really hope there's another, so many possibilities

Rob Anybody being lord of the manor, his manor, crivens
You may be a King or a simple road sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
fids

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:55 pm

I'm also rereading it at the moment and thoroughly enjoying it. Appaently, Terry has said he's working on another Tiffany book. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:32 pm

He also said on Twitter don't ask as I don't know when it will be finished. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Discworldpadawan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:That's a possibility,DWP might find out more at the convention in August. :D

I hadn't realised getting tickets to the convention was like trying to get to the moon on rollerskates!!! Tickets must me valuable as gold dust!!! How often does the convention happen then? An annual thing?
Discworldpadawan

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Convention in the UK is every other year and sells out not long after the tickets become available which is about a year before it happens. :shock:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Discworldpadawan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Oh dear! That bad? I knew there were tickets involved, but in naivety I also assumed you could just turn up at the door on the day and expect to get in?? I take it this in not the case?? :doh: :?
Discworldpadawan

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:38 pm

You could before Terry was diagnosed with his embuggerance, you normally coud still get an exchanged membership when someone had to pull out for one reson or another, but this year was the fastest ever sale of memberships.
There is the Irish one next year in October or Scheibenwelt: German DiscworldConvention 2015 the week after, and if thats too far, Wincanton for Hogwatch end of November. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Discworldpadawan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:14 am

Looks like Hogswatch would be my best option Dug. Is there limited spaces available for this too? Ones you have to book in advance? Off "I shall wear midnight"-topic here I know! :lol:
Discworldpadawan

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:35 pm

Discworldpadawan, it's an open event and free just turn up, but it's the accommadtion that might be the problem, there is a Travelodge just 10 minutes down the road near the roundabout, less than a mile:)

Who's Wee Dug

Postby Discworldpadawan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Cheers Dug, that's most helpful :)
Discworldpadawan

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:08 pm

You could try nearer the time the Bear or the Dolphin as they may have a cancellation.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels