Carpe Jugulum, a specific quote.

Moderators: Tonyblack, Jason, Toothy

Carpe Jugulum, a specific quote.

Postby jolchion » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:14 pm

I don't have the book, but I am pretty sure some of you have it, but there is a quote in it that I must have for specific reasons(Which I will not say here).
I recall that it was one of the vampires(Count de Magpyr I believe) who said something to Mightily Oars about ''real'' religion. It was a quite long quote and I can not find it online so I thought I'd try here.

Thanks!
jolchion

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:25 am

Welcome to the site, jolchion! :D

I thought it was Granny who talked about religion. But you may be right and the Count did as well. I don't have the book to hand at the moment though. :?
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 am

After abrief search, I think I may have found the passage you refer to. It's on pages 238-239 of the Corgi paperback and here are some scans of those pages. :)

Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby jolchion » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:38 pm

That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Thank you very much!
jolchion

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Happy to help. :wink:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Return to Discworld novels