List of discworld related books

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

List of discworld related books

Postby KPDGaskell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 pm

I've been trying to find a useful list to find all discworld related books, not just novels but the mapps, science of the discworld ect. Unfortunately the list of books that most novels contain doesn't include everything and so I set out to make a list in Microsoft excel.

The list includes novels, science of the discworld, mapps, diaries and even David Landford's quiz books.

However I'm certain there's still stuff I’ve missed and I also need to find out the release dates of a lot of books (years are easy, it's just day and month) and I can't find accurate dates with all the re-releases of books. So I’m posting the list here and hoping that there are people who will be able to fix my mistakes and add upon the list of 64 related discworld books :)

Link to download

P.S. This is also the second version of the list that I made, that's why the files called discworld book list 2
Last edited by KPDGaskell on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Note for Americans and other aliens: Milton Keynes is a new city approximately halfway between London and Birmingham. It was built to be modern, efficient, healthy, and, all in all, a pleasant place to live. Many Britons find this amusing." -Good Omens
KPDGaskell

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi KPDG

Just tried your link and didn't get a list of DW books. :?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby KPDGaskell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Let me try and find a better upload site, I can never trust media fire :?

EDIT: Ok should work now
"Note for Americans and other aliens: Milton Keynes is a new city approximately halfway between London and Birmingham. It was built to be modern, efficient, healthy, and, all in all, a pleasant place to live. Many Britons find this amusing." -Good Omens
KPDGaskell

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:50 pm

There are a couple of good online references such as Colin Smythe's website and Fantastic Fiction, but I look forward to seeing yours. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi KPDGaskell,

I will check it out later as I have saved it. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:39 pm

The link is working now. :)

From what I can see you have missed the Discworld short stories (unless I missed seeing them there) such as Troll Bridge, Theatre of Cruelty and The Sea and Little Fishes.

There's also a 1994 version of the Discworld Companion that's not on the list and you may need to differentiate between the illustrated version of Eric and the non-illustrated one.

I hope this doesn't sound like nit-picking. :)
Tonyblack

Postby KPDGaskell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:12 pm

No it's fine, I didn't know of the differant versions of eric and I didn't know if there was much differance between the differant discworld companions (there's about three isn't there?) so i'll add those.

As for the short stories I read on the almighty wikepedia that they can only be found online so I didn't know if I should class them as books but i'll add them anyway, the list did start out as a checklist for what books I did and didn't have but it grew into a bit of a database :lol:
KPDGaskell

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:31 pm

The short stories can indeed be found in various 'collections' and in particular a Pratchett book called 'Once More With Footnotes'. :D

The illustrated version of Eric was the original version.
Tonyblack

Postby KPDGaskell » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Well once more with footnotes is already on the list so in theory I already added them :wink:
KPDGaskell

Return to Discworld novels