Rincewind between Eric and Interesting Times

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Rincewind between Eric and Interesting Times

Postby StranaMente » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:04 pm

Hello to everybody, I was re-reading Eric and Interesting times and I was wondering if I missed something between these two books, because at the end of Eric Rincewind is coming out of hell, and at the beginning of Interesting times he's stranded on a desert island.

I looked around on internet and I didn't find anything.
In interesting times there's only a sentence that may (or may not) give some information:
"He'd seen the creation of the universe, although not from a good seat, and had visited Hell and the afterlife. He'd been captured, imprisoned, rescued, lost and marooned. Sometimes it had all happened on the same day."

So, am I missing something or this is all we can know about the break from one novel to the other?
Thanks for your kind answers.
StranaMente

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Welcome to the site, StranaMente! :D

The simple answer is that we don't know what happened between the two books and Terry isn't telling us. We can only assume that Rincewind had another adventure that caused him to end up on the island - without potatoes. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Welcome StranaMente :D
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Welcome, StranaMente!
I dont know anything about those, but it seems that all rincewind books start with him hangnig over certain depth/death. I just got two rincewind books and both of them start with him falling off the disc
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Penfold » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Hellooo and welcome from me too, StranaMente! :)

I think its just where he ended up when escaping from Hell, and he had no idea of his destination (or time period). As he often points out when running away, 'it's not where your running too that matters, it's just the running that counts!' :lol: (or something like that.)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby StranaMente » Tue May 04, 2010 10:44 pm

Thank you very much for your answers, it was a doubt that was bothering me for some time now. Since in Italy only few books has been published, and sometimes not in the right order, I was wondering if I missed something, since it really seems that there is no connection at all between these two books.
Thank you again.
:-D
StranaMente

Return to Discworld novels