The Discworld in Leatther bound?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:43 pm

sorry indi i didnt see you there welcome to the site :oops:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby giuliano » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:07 pm

wow, If you own the first 6, then getting hold of the rest isn't all that hard (I've had to hunt down all 18 just recently and only need to find Equal Rites and Sourcery now)
Numbers 10-18 are still in print and pretty cheap, then it's only 7, 8 and 9 that you'd need.
There are loads of no. 7 Pyramids around for about £15-£20 and no. 8 Guards Guards isn't too sparse yet (goes for about £20-£30) so it's just Eric that's rare and goes for about the £40-£50 mark

The first 6 rarely go for under £70 I've noticed (all of this is from scouring eBay by the way)

My only problem with the books is they're really fragile - I've had a few arrive with bent corners and dents... so they really need to be packed well when they're sent
giuliano

Postby NoCoolUserName » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:52 pm

Did anyone contact Paul Kidby re: additional books in the Unseen Library series? I'd be interested, too.

BCA is down to 7 titles: Moving Pictures, Reaper Man, Witches Abroad, Small Gods, Maskerade, Interesting Times, Soul Music. For the rest you'll have to search & shop.

Just a bit of a warning: I have found BCA to be very poor on customer service. And most of the bumping I've seen is because they pack and handle very poorly. Be prepared to return the ones you receive and ask for better copies if you buy from them.
NoCoolUserName

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:11 am

I don't have an answer for you I'm afraid, NoCoolUserName - but welcome to the site. Hopefully someone here will be able to answer your question. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:21 pm

And welcome from me too :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:13 pm

NoCoolUserName wrote:Did anyone contact Paul Kidby re: additional books in the Unseen Library series? I'd be interested, too.

BCA is down to 7 titles: Moving Pictures, Reaper Man, Witches Abroad, Small Gods, Maskerade, Interesting Times, Soul Music. For the rest you'll have to search & shop.

Just a bit of a warning: I have found BCA to be very poor on customer service. And most of the bumping I've seen is because they pack and handle very poorly. Be prepared to return the ones you receive and ask for better copies if you buy from them.
Hi NoCoolUserName I'm a bit Confucius Image about why would anyone contact Paul Kidby about Unseen Library series additional books. I Have obviously missed something here. :?
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

unseen library books

Postby bain » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 am

Hi all, I have the first 9, all first editions, am i right in thinking that the other 9 are still quite easy to get ahold of ?
bain

Postby Zephyr » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:29 pm

Leather? :shock:

I did not know this.

My library is suddenly hugely lacking...
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -Seneca
Zephyr

Complete set of 18 Leather Unseen University books for sale

Postby MrsJ » Thu May 20, 2010 5:41 pm

I have the complete set of of 18 leather bound Unseen University books. All in immaculate condition having never been read... just placed carefully on a bookshelf and admired from afar. If anyone is interested in giving these a good home, contact me directly with a sensible offer.
MrsJ

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu May 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Do you have a guide price in mind. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Thu May 20, 2010 7:02 pm

And welcome to the site MrsJ! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby joemcf » Fri May 21, 2010 10:11 am

I'd like to get afew, maybe of my favourite ones, nut the price is pretty steep for them, alhough they are leather bound, and someyimes signed. I'll probably get my favourite ones on ebay at some point, if only to say i have a few. :D

BTW sorry i've been away for a wee while. Exams and stuff, not so good.
joemcf

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 21, 2010 10:20 am

Good to see you back :D Hope the exams went well
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby joemcf » Fri May 21, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks dotsie. There's still 2 to go. And 1 i know i messed up last week. But i know for (almost) certain that i have the 2nd top grade for it since i've not got the top so...its still ok. :)

So whats everyone been talking about since i've been away???
joemcf

Previous

Return to Discworld novels