****Possible Project! Money Saving Guide on DW Books!****

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

****Possible Project! Money Saving Guide on DW Books!****

Postby Marco » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:52 am

Although I have recently joined, I am by no means a newcomer to forums. A previous (Nintendo) forum contained a thread that listed all the cheap various games. When I came across this place, I thought; 'Why not do the same with Discworld books?!'

Here is how it would be laid out:

Title - RRP - Cheap price - Link to online page of cheap price and retailer

Example; Sourcery [PB] - RRP £7.99 - Cheapest price: £4.95 Aphrohead.com

The list would be sourced from both me and you if you are able to fin the cheapest price, updated regularly.

Reply below if you are interested, I'm happy to run it if there is some demand :D

I already have a couple of links to books under a fiver, new and all.

EDIT: I was kinda hasty in making this thread, so it is a wee bit short. I am quite skilled in organization and dedication :P for the thread so no worries about me abandoning it.[/url]
[Insert witty signature here]
Marco

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi Marco

Good luck with the idea, but I see a couple of flaws in your plan. Firstly, I would hazard a guess that a lot of people on this forum already have every DW book. Secondly, if they don't, they can usually pick them up from ebay for a quid.

Nintendo games are expensive, bog-standard DW books ain't.

Now if you concentrated on DW collectables...... :P
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Marco » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Good point, I overlooked that :P. Though when I looked it up on eBay, used books still have to fetch around £3 if including P&P, and they are used. I may just create the thread anyway for those who don't own them all (I certainly don't).

I may then decide to expand into other areas after, I'm bored and have a bit of time so why not? :)
Marco

Postby chuffed » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:39 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Hi Marco

Good luck with the idea, but I see a couple of flaws in your plan. Firstly, I would hazard a guess that a lot of people on this forum already have every DW book. Secondly, if they don't, they can usually pick them up from ebay for a quid.

Nintendo games are expensive, bog-standard DW books ain't.

Now if you concentrated on DW collectables...... :P

collectables would be a great idea... although there's so many of them! as a collector of clarecraft figures would like to see that idea working out though!
chuffed

Postby mariekni » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Marie x Mummy-To-Be x

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” Terry Pratchett.
mariekni

Postby Marco » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks for the link mariekni; Amazon does have some very cheap prices, but I have dirt cheap ones up my sleeve :twisted:
Marco

Return to Discworld novels