What is next

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby ladyramkin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:54 am

Penfold wrote:I think it was suggested in earlier books that to magic someone or something was initially very hard but thereafter became much easier (Greebo's tranformations between cat and human being just one example). With this in mind, I would like to see Sam Vimes time travel again, the period being the Ankh Morpork Civil War where he would have to take the place of his own ancestor! Terry could have great fun with paradoxes, history, and the moral implications of executing the last King. :twisted: :lol:

100% agree on this. I'd rather go back than forward in Ankh Morpork's history anyway. It's changing too fast for me, dozy old party that I am.And pleeeeeese, no Big Brother or X Factor. Bad enough in Round World.
ladyramkin

Postby Albert_Spangler » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:29 pm

That is indeed what I meant Sjoerd. I loved moving pictures also, I jusr meant that Vetinari would not allow television.
Albert_Spangler

Postby raisindot » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm

Albert_Spangler wrote:That is indeed what I meant Sjoerd. I loved moving pictures also, I jusr meant that Vetinari would not allow television.

Why wouldn't he? The Vetinari of Moving Pictures is totally different than the Vetinari of 'today.' During this period, Vetinari allowed the Watch to become powerful and operating outside of his direct control. He allowed not one but two newspapers to be published. He allowed Moist Von Lipwig to print both paper stamps and money. He allowed the dwarves to "undermine" the city. He allowed the clacks system to be set up and run (and ruined) as a privately owned business. He allowed "street football" to become an institutionalized sport. He is clearly a man who understands that progress and capitalism only reinforce AM's leadership in the world, even if this progress comes with the price of looser controls over the flow of information. As long as free speech doesn't lead to excessive, unlicensed disturbance of the peace, he's quite tolerant.

J-I-B
raisindot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:26 pm

ladyramkin wrote:Big Brother or X Factor. Bad enough in Round World.

I totally agree, there's nothing else on today's television!
But with a little of Pratchett-touch it could be fun :wink:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Bingley, Bingley, Beep! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Previous

Return to Discworld novels