is this expensive or reasonable?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

is this expensive or reasonable?

Postby mariekni » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:26 pm

i was having a mooch through e-bay and came across these. so as the title says are these expensive or reasonable given what they are?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TERRY-PRATCHETT-T ... 2ea9acff81

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TERRY-PRATCHETT-U ... 2a0559458d
Marie x Mummy-To-Be x

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” Terry Pratchett.
mariekni

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:38 pm

That Light Fantastic is ridiculously expensive. It's a joke. It may be designed to get people to look at his other items for sale. There were only about 1,000 First Editions published and someone might pay 800 pounds for it, but his price is silly.

The leather bound set isn't too badly priced, but if you wanted them you could probably buy them individually cheaper. :P
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby mariekni » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:45 pm

i just sat there gobsmacked at the light fantastic book, i dont think he really wants to part with it :lol:

i am starting with paperbacks then going to buy all the hard backs then before i even dare think of breaking the bank with looking at the unseen leather books. :lol:
Marie x Mummy-To-Be x

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” Terry Pratchett.
mariekni

Expensive books

Postby richardbyers » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:43 pm

if i were you i wouldn't bother with the unseen editions, the earlier novels hold more value in 1st edition hardbacks (i have a few) such as mort, moving pictures, equal rites etc.

As for the light fantastic it is expensive however it is out there for far more than that.

Rich
richardbyers

Re: Expensive books

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:07 pm

richardbyers wrote:if i were you i wouldn't bother with the unseen editions, the earlier novels hold more value in 1st edition hardbacks (i have a few) such as mort, moving pictures, equal rites etc.

As for the light fantastic it is expensive however it is out there for far more than that.

Rich
Welcome to the site, richardbyers! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Return to Discworld novels