Thud! Symbols

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Thud! Symbols

Postby Dotsie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Bit of a coincidence that I want to ask a question about Thud! Just a few days before discussion starts, so I know I'm risking the wrath of Tony here :shock: But yesterday in the lift at work, a woman got in wearing earrings that had a eyeball on with a tail coming out of the bottom. So does this symbol actually exist? Obviously without discussing the book in any way :wink: although Tony might forbid this anyway :lol:

Of course, I could have just asked her. But I'm British :oops:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:40 pm

I´ve never seen it in RL :wink:
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:43 pm

Maybe she's a Pratchett fan. :lol:

The one sign, The Long Dark looks somewhat like this:

There has been a deal of speculation that the dwarf tunnels along with the Devices might be used as an underground railways system. There have even been maps made of possible routes. :wink:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Here's an LSpace article on mine signs. :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Dotsie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:20 pm

I saw the article, but maybe only Terry can say what the Summoning Dark actually is. I also found an image of a tattoo, but the eyeball had wings as well. And once again, the owner didn't elaborate. Ah well! A minor mystery.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:20 pm

BTW Tony, what's the "33"?
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Dotsie wrote:BTW Tony, what's the "33"?
It'll be 32 tomorrow. :wink:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Dotsie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Days till Tucson? :wink:
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:26 pm

:wink: Yup! 8)
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Return to Discworld novels