Favourite?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:28 pm

got to agree with silverstreak on this one :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:54 pm

Tiffany wrote:PS. I'll read Small Gods next :D
I should add that not everyone likes Small Gods on the first reading. This is one of Terry's books that takes a good deal of thinking about and at least one rereading. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:40 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Tiffany wrote:PS. I'll read Small Gods next :D
I should add that not everyone likes Small Gods on the first reading. This is one of Terry's books that takes a good deal of thinking about and at least one rereading. :wink:

I have already read it once, Tony, I think I've read all TP's books at least once. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby chris.ph » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:02 pm

i always reread them i miss to much on the first read :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tiffany » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:19 pm

I have started Small Gods again. Having finished Thud.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Ezekiel000 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:55 pm

Favourite book/s - probably Reaper Man, Going Postal and Maskerade.

I've read all the TP books two or more times except for the Jonny series, the unadulterated cat and nation which don't interest me.
Ezekiel000

Postby FatBastardInTsort » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:01 pm

For me, it has to be Pyramids I just think it's the funniest he has wrote, and on top of that it was the first Terry Pratchett book I read.

>.> Peace out
FatBastardInTsort

Postby chris.ph » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:40 pm

welcome to the site matey cant be bothered to type all that name in can we call you tsort :lol:
chris.ph

Postby mattglg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:11 pm

My favourite always seems to be the last one I read! (does anyone else get the last page blues or is that just me?)

If I had to pick a single book it would have to be night watch, I have always related well to Vimes and this seems to be an fantastic view of what made him the man he is - good and bad.

Of course this is subject to change - Going Postal is also a personal fave (among may others) - I have a signed 1st ed!.
mattglg

Postby Jinx » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:53 am

mattglg wrote:My favourite always seems to be the last one I read! (does anyone else get the last page blues or is that just me?)

You're not alone in the last page blues. Particularly in Terry's books. I feel it more so since I caught up to the latest books. I think maybe because I know I have to be patient and wait for a new one to come out. Of course there's always going to be one on the shelf that I haven't read in a while to go back to. :lol:
Jinx

Postby Tiffany » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:59 pm

I just reach for another TP once I've finished the current book. I have three draws full of them. :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby leaf » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi
I'm new to the forum - I've read all of the books except Nation & reread most of them, I don't have a favourite - how to choose?
Most enjoyable - Guards, Guards - because of the password/secret society riff & Nobby.
But also probably because it was the first one I read.
leaf

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Welcome Leaf! :D I know the first DW book I read is my favorite, and probably for that reason.
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi leaf! Welcome to the fun. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby freddy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Gosh This a hard one Like a lot of you on this forum I too can not decied on just one book. My furst choice I have to say I love Colour Of Magic as this is the one that got me started on Discworld books, really love the Character Rinswind, he just can not get the hang of magic, best book with him in has to be Eric, very very funny book and surprisingly thin book was hard to spot it when I was buying it.

Second Choice would have to be Trukers Diggers and Wings books as thses are very funny to read, loved Noomes, they really get you imaganation going and they encuraged me to start reading again.

A BIG WELCOM TO all the New Members of this very fun forum

My thied Choice would Have to be all the Tiffany books, really love the Wee-Free-Men and the Charactor Annagramma because when you are reading the parts with her and Tiffany in you just what to hit Annagrmma for being so big headed. :D Granny wetherwax is excerllant in this book and have to say so are all other Witch that trying to teach young girls.

As a lot of have sad TP book are all brillant and yes they all should be read twice, particuarly the Discworld one as they are so indepth books.

I am currently reading Witersmith and thoroughly enjoying and accoding to one website TP is going to write a forth Tiffany book, I am eagarly waiting for. :D :P

A BIG WELCOME TO all the New Members to this very fun Forum
freddy

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels