UA - Not Loving it and feeling like traitoress

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby sheilaj » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:46 pm

I think the little dog (sorry, got a cold, his name escapes me) and his choice of toys make "making money" a total hit....I wonder how they will film that??????
sheilaj

Postby raisindot » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:31 am

sheilaj wrote:I think the little dog (sorry, got a cold, his name escapes me) and his choice of toys make "making money" a total hit....I wonder how they will film that??????

Mr Fusspot. And I'd buy the Making Money DVD (if they ever make it) just to see the bit Mr. Fusspot buzzing across the floor during the trial scene.

J-I-B
raisindot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:06 pm

That should be the second film film down the line in 2012 all things being equal. :wink: :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:08 pm

I too, would buy the DVD just in order to see Mr. Fusspot proposing to Angua.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby mspanners » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:00 pm

I think Vetinari is NOT planing to have a successor as I think we will find out that He is a Vampire and plans to run the show indefinitely... indeed in one Book it was mentioned that some people thought He was a Vampire... He met Lady Margolotta and there is something going on between them for sure, I think She bite Him when He was Younger and He is now undead! :shock:
mspanners

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:43 pm

mspanners wrote:I think Vetinari is NOT planing to have a successor as I think we will find out that He is a Vampire and plans to run the show indefinitely... indeed in one Book it was mentioned that some people thought He was a Vampire... He met Lady Margolotta and there is something going on between them for sure, I think She bite Him when He was Younger and He is now undead! :shock:
Not that old chestnut? :roll:

I really do not believe that for a moment. What about the assasination attempts on Vetinari such as in Men At Arms and Feet of Clay? He certainly didn't act like a vampire then.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby mspanners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:11 am

In feet of clay He knew about the arsenic at the start and played along with the plot to expose the plotters......so maybe although it would not kill a Vampire it might make them feel sick....if you were to shoot a Vampire in the Head with a Crossbow Bolt it would make a mess and be very painful but not kill them......so who is to say if you shoot a Vampire they don't get get hurt or Bleed?

I think it is a possibility that the Man is not a normal Discworld Human, if not a Vampire then some other undead, could be a Zombie with style!

:lol:
mspanners

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:02 pm

But bits of him would keep falling off surely - and I'm sure someone would have noticed him turning mouldy? :P :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:38 pm

...and he's always got a well trimmed goatee beard. How's he going to have that if he can't see himself in a mirror? :?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:44 pm

And he got drunk in UA. The vampires in CJ didn't think much to wine, let alone beer.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby mspanners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Some good points BUT He has servants to do all the things like shave Him and stitch His arms back if a Zombie, A bit like in the the Movie Death Becomes Her ....

...and if He is working as a Human He could simulate being drunk to play the part to disguise the fact He is a Vampire.......

...also we have to consider that maybe the Vampires from CJ were used to alcoholic drinks ands Vetinari is not.... I know people who can either drink all night or fall down after a quick half so we can't assume that He is not a Vampire because He gets a little pished! :lol:
mspanners

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Good film that with the DDG Goldie in it. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:43 pm

mspanners wrote:...and if He is working as a Human He could simulate being drunk to play the part to disguise the fact He is a Vampire.......

...also we have to consider that maybe the Vampires from CJ were used to alcoholic drinks ands Vetinari is not....

Actually we only know he was drunk because he said he was, and he'd ben drinking beer all night. And the CJ vampires tried wine once and didn't like it. And since you're saying He, are we now talking about God and not Vetinari still? :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Previous

Return to Discworld novels