1. How did you come to read your first Discworld book?
Several years ago, I saw an ad for the Hogfather TV series, mentioning that it was written by Terry Pratchett. I didn’t watch it, but later when I started looking for some new authors, for some reason Terry Prachett popped into my head, as I had thought Hogfather looked interesting. The only Discworld books my library had were Going Postal, Monstrous Regiment, and the Rinceworld set. I picked the first two.
2. What was your first Discworld book? Going Postal.
3. Will you read more? Yes. I think I’m probably halfway through the Discworld series now. I like it because it’s humorous yet makes some serious points as well. It also helped me through a difficult time in my life, and so I have a soft spot for the series for that reason.
4. Which one do you intend to read next? Feet of Clay (going through a Watch obsession now), and then probably The Last Continent.
5. If you didn't start with Colour of Magic, how easily did you find it to get into Discworld? Did you feel that some background knowledge was necessary? Fairly easy. Going Postal didn’t give a lot of background, but I didn’t find the story hard to follow without it.
I think my favorites so far are Soul Music, Jingo, and the Fifth Elephant. Can’t really decide, though.