THE GREAT TRANS-ATLANTIC HUMOUR BATTLE OF 2010!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:28 pm

It will probably be only bus tickets though. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14517
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:06 am

LOL!!!! :lol: :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
User avatar
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit
Member
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:22 pm

Bus tickets? Do you think I'm made of money? I was going to send an inflatable duck. :lol:

Here is an update on the score.

66.666% of Americans don't like Pyramids.

(I actually nearly suggested to J-I-B to send a pm to Tina coz I knew she'd like Pyramids, but then I thought better of it. :lol: )
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby raisindot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:38 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Bus tickets? Do you think I'm made of money? I was going to send an inflatable duck. :lol:

Here is an update on the score.

66.666% of Americans don't like Pyramids.


Who is that .6666 person? Is s/he related to the .5 average child everyone has?

As far as the NW vs. Pyramids battle, it goes without saying from this quarter NW is vastly preferred over Pyramids. Then again, I'd re-read COM before I re-read Pyramids.

[Ducking the inflatable duck projectile launched from the Land of the Rising Sun]

J-I-B.
raisindot
Member
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm
Location: Boston, MA USA

Postby raisindot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:42 pm

poohcarrot wrote:.

(I actually nearly suggested to J-I-B to send a pm to Tina coz I knew she'd like Pyramids, but then I thought better of it. :lol: )


To paraphrase the late great Jim Croce:

"You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull down the mask of the old Lone Ranger
And I wouldn't PM about P with Tina. "

:lol:

J-I-B
raisindot
Member
 
Posts: 3168
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm
Location: Boston, MA USA

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:34 pm

THERE IS NO NIGHTWATCH V PYRAMIDS BATTLE! :roll:

There never has been. I love NW. I just prefer Pyramids. That is my own personal choice. I am not, and have never been trying to convince anyone that Pyramids is a better book than Nightwatch. :roll:

There are some big personal factors (which everyone is unaware of) involved in my preference for pyramids. I will reveal all when the Pyramids discussion thread starts.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:35 pm

raisindot wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:Bus tickets? Do you think I'm made of money? I was going to send an inflatable duck. :lol:

Here is an update on the score.

66.666% of Americans don't like Pyramids.


Who is that .6666 person? Is s/he related to the .5 average child everyone has?

As far as the NW vs. Pyramids battle, it goes without saying from this quarter NW is vastly preferred over Pyramids. Then again, I'd re-read COM before I re-read Pyramids.

[Ducking the inflatable duck projectile launched from the Land of the Rising Sun]

J-I-B.
<Who is that .6666 person? Is s/he related to the .5 average child everyone has?>maybe a relative to the number of the beastImage :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14517
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Previous

Return to Discworld novels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

cron