Unseen Academicals

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Trish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Tonyblack wrote:By the way - Play.com doesn't ship to the US free of charge (I found out) only to Europe.
Looks like I may have to use Amazon.Canada instead. :)

Tony, Amazon.ca will kill you with shipping.

I pre-ordered (is that even a word?) from Borders and since they must ship it to me, there are no postal charges. Borders, Chapters, Waldenbooks --all the same outfit.
Trish

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Trish wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:By the way - Play.com doesn't ship to the US free of charge (I found out) only to Europe.
Looks like I may have to use Amazon.Canada instead. :)

Tony, Amazon.ca will kill you with shipping.

I pre-ordered (is that even a word?) from Borders and since they must ship it to me, there are no postal charges. Borders, Chapters, Waldenbooks --all the same outfit.
:lol: I mean that I'll be in Tucson when the book comes out, so I'll order it from Amazon.Canada from there. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:49 am

Video of Terry talking about Unseen Academicals HERE. :D
Tonyblack

Postby Watchman44 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:18 pm

Just seen this on the Cunning Artificer's website, it might be of interest to those in the UK.

"The new Discworld novel, entitled 'Unseen Academicals', is scheduled for release on the 8th of October.

Football has come to Ankh-Morpork, and the wizards must rise to the challenge without the aid of magic! With a host of new characters and some jolly good pies, the book promises to prove that football is not just about the game.

To honour the launch of the book, publishers Transworld are hosting an event right here in Wincanton. The sports ground is set to be the scene of a good old-fashioned bout of the beautiful game on the 10th of October. Terry will of course be very much in attendance and we promise to keep Dibbler away from the pies! We would like to invite those who wish to attend to dust off their rattles, knit suitable scarves and polish up on songs for the terraces.

If you would like to be a part of this historic event then please let us know as soon as possible by emailing Isobel at isobel@cunningartificer.demon.co.uk so we have an idea of numbers. Accomodation will doubtless book up early so be sure to plan ahead to avoid disappointment.

As ever, streakers will be punished heavily so those who wish to come in costume will be very welcome to do so. " :wink:
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:12 am

Sounds like fun!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby rentawitch » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Watchman44 wrote:Just seen this on the Cunning Artificer's website, it might be of interest to those in the UK.

"The new Discworld novel, entitled 'Unseen Academicals', is scheduled for release on the 8th of October.

Football has come to Ankh-Morpork, and the wizards must rise to the challenge without the aid of magic! With a host of new characters and some jolly good pies, the book promises to prove that football is not just about the game.

To honour the launch of the book, publishers Transworld are hosting an event right here in Wincanton. The sports ground is set to be the scene of a good old-fashioned bout of the beautiful game on the 10th of October. Terry will of course be very much in attendance and we promise to keep Dibbler away from the pies! We would like to invite those who wish to attend to dust off their rattles, knit suitable scarves and polish up on songs for the terraces.

If you would like to be a part of this historic event then please let us know as soon as possible by emailing Isobel at isobel@cunningartificer.demon.co.uk so we have an idea of numbers. Accomodation will doubtless book up early so be sure to plan ahead to avoid disappointment.

As ever, streakers will be punished heavily so those who wish to come in costume will be very welcome to do so. " :wink:

We are looking for people to play.....
If you can be in Wincanton on 10th October? :D
I love my computer, all my friends live in it.
rentawitch

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:13 pm

I love footy. I'd play, if I lived in the UK, but I don't, so I can't.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:41 am

Have a little game by yourself, in honour.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chuckie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:23 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:I love footy. I'd play, if I lived in the UK, but I don't, so I can't.

Are there no football teams in Japan you can play for?
chuckie

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:39 pm

chuckie wrote:
poohbcarrot wrote:I love footy. I'd play, if I lived in the UK, but I don't, so I can't.

Are there no football teams in Japan you can play for?
I think he means he'd play in Wincanton if he was in the UK. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Dotsie wrote:Have a little game by yourself, in honour.

More tissue talk? :shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Dotsie wrote:Have a little game by yourself, in honour.

Use Day Glo paint too... and don't forget the video :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Only seven weeks until it's out, planning to go to Wincanton for the book launch. ImageHappy, happy.Image.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Only seven weeks until it's out, planning to go to Wincanton for the book launch. ImageHappy, happy.Image.

Really? So hard to tell with you sometimes.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Trish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Bloody hell!

Chapters will not ship me my UA book. They're going out of business.
But they will "apply" my purchase price to Amazon. Plus a service charge. And shipping.
Trish

PreviousNext

Return to Latest books