Long War cover

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Long War cover

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:48 am

I agree with you there. And the old site seemed to remember your sizing preferences. I've very much of the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' school of thought. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:55 am

Don't suppose we should complain too much it is free but still, Bah Humbug. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:03 pm

The new system seems a lot quicker as well. The old one would sometimes drive me mad(der) where it would take so long.
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 pm

I find it freezes quite a bit at times when you want to replace the original with the edited one, but I like the library on the front page when opened.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby simmonds91 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:40 pm

at least its a quick and easy site compared to any other though right? It's been a while since I used photobucket or any image hosting site for that matter what with not actually having a computer (computer? or computor?...) any more but I remember photobucket being the preffered choice for quick and easy picture sharing, THE fastest image hosting site in fact. basically what Im trying to say is, don't worry, be happy!
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 pm

I'd spell it 'computer'. :)
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat May 11, 2013 10:11 pm

I've decided not to rush out and buy it or pre order it like I normally do but just wait and see what reviews come out about it.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby simmonds91 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:08 am

I'm going to see about getting a numbered/signed copy or rather "hope waterstones brings out one" :lol:
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu May 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Only place you will get a signed copy now is from PJSM Prints.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby BonesofElvis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:48 pm

I have the numbered slipcase collectors edition pre-ordered from Waterstones. Getting it signed will have to wait until Mr. P does a signing somewhere near Gloucester.

My slipcased numbered edition of "The Long Earth" is 31/1000, would dearly love to have that signed as well.
"The reward for toil had been more toil. If you dug the best ditches, they gave you a bigger shovel." - Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum.
BonesofElvis

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Bones, Terry really isn't able to do signings these days. The only way to get a book signed is by buying it via PJMS Prints. :?
Tonyblack

Postby BonesofElvis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Bones, Terry really isn't able to do signings these days. The only way to get a book signed is by buying it via PJMS Prints. :?

Very useful info, thanks.

I noticed that a signed slipcased edition of "The Long Earth" on PJMS was £100; A little too much for me. I have to admit a signed book would be a byproduct of being able to say hello to one of my literary heroes, the signature itself is only half the story.

I'll have to content myself with the knowledge that at least I've got a low numbered copy of the collectors edition.

I am, however, looking forward to having the cased editions of both books with their gorgeous covers side by side gracing my shelves.
"The reward for toil had been more toil. If you dug the best ditches, they gave you a bigger shovel." - Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum.
BonesofElvis

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 pm

From Twitter:

Mike Fenton Stevens ‏@fentonstevens

Blimey! All day reading The Long War for @terryandrob Far more exhausting than doing a play every night! Three days to go x
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby BonesofElvis » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Apologies folks, what I intended as a humorous post, read as extremely churlish. to anybody who read before the edit I apologize.
BonesofElvis

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Nothing to apologise for, Bones. In fact I have no idea what you think you did that you are apologising for. :lol:
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to Latest books