New Look Covers

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: New Look Covers

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:27 pm

RJH wrote:'Paperback (B format)' means that the size of the book is 198mm x 129mm. This information has been provided by the publisher of the book.

You may also see paperback editions of books advertised as 'A format'. This means that the size of the book is 178mm x 110mm.

so...... A is the typical paperback, and B is the long format paperback? or is B the typical and A is a shorter format?

seriously i never measured my books :?
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby author3 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:34 pm

I think A is the paperback Kirby editions and B is the old paperback editions of the Tiffany books
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby RJH » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 pm

raptornx01 wrote:
RJH wrote:'Paperback (B format)' means that the size of the book is 198mm x 129mm. This information has been provided by the publisher of the book.

You may also see paperback editions of books advertised as 'A format'. This means that the size of the book is 178mm x 110mm.

so...... A is the typical paperback, and B is the long format paperback? or is B the typical and A is a shorter format?

seriously i never measured my books :?

A is the standard size format and b is the large size format
RJH

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:33 pm

It's what is rerfered to as a trade book paperback same size as a hardback but with soft covers.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby author3 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:13 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:It's what is rerfered to as a trade book paperback same size as a hardback but with soft covers.

:shock: I think it's too big for an early Discworld novel.
Either the words will be huge or the book will be pretty thin :think:
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:13 pm

no, i know trade paperbacks.

honestly, why can't they stick to a format? :?
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Previous

Return to Latest books