Snuff Slipcase edition

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:26 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Is it just me being cynical, or does this smack of the publisher (and Terry to a degree) trying to screw as much money out of the poor reader as possible, by publishing every story in so many different formats that the true collector "has" to get them all?
I think there's a degree of that going on, but only because people are prepared to go along with it. After all, no one is forcing you to buy every version.

Also, the bog-standard first edition hardback is so cheap these days (Tesco for a fiver) that presumably, the publishers have to make some money somehow.

I buy a hardback copy when the book comes out because I can't be bothered to wait. But if the book was really selling for £18.99 as per the cover price, I'd wait for the paperback. There's no way I'd pay that much.

Somewhere down the road, I'll get a paperback copy as well - either a cheap and cheerful one from Amazon, or second hand from a charity shop. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:31 am

I think it's down to the large retailers, the publishers are not going to turn down the chance to make money by printing extra copies, Amazon have put out slipcase editions in the past as do Waterstones and Borders when they were here, and had things like check books and money to go with them to make you buy their editions, so people would buy them all as they wanted the goodies that went with them.

And I know some people wait to see if there are going to be any and just buy the one. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:32 am

Forum play silly bugers tells me I was timed out.

Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

:?
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tiffany » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:43 am

I keep getting things like that too, WWD. :cry: :x

Then to find it did actually post on the thread. :x
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 pm

I did a bit of retail therapy today and gave in to temptation, bought the slipcase edition. Image Image :D
Who's Wee Dug

Postby twilliams » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:32 pm

Went into Waterstones today to get my copy of the slipcase edition to be told they have been withdrawn?
They said the extras had not been included and they will re issue the book next week.

Anyone else heard about this or know what is going on?

Thanks
Tony
twilliams

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 pm

twilliams wrote:Went into Waterstones today to get my copy of the slipcase edition to be told they have been withdrawn?
They said the extras had not been included and they will re issue the book next week.

Anyone else heard about this or know what is going on?

Thanks
Tony
Hi Tony, welcome to the site! :D

I know some people here have got the slipcase copy, but didn't think there was a problem.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby twilliams » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:49 pm

The girl in the shop was not very clear what the extras were, I have the other previous slip case editions and there were no extras in those.
I have left my name and number for when (if) they come back in, I will let you know what happens.
twilliams

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:13 pm

twilliams wrote:The girl in the shop was not very clear what the extras were, I have the other previous slip case editions and there were no extras in those.
I have left my name and number for when (if) they come back in, I will let you know what happens.
The 3 page short story is missing the pages are blank.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby DaveC » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:07 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
twilliams wrote:The girl in the shop was not very clear what the extras were, I have the other previous slip case editions and there were no extras in those.
The 3 page short story is missing the pages are blank.

It was in the one that I flicked through last week. :?
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:55 pm

But was it the Blue slipcase edition. :!: :?:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby author3 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Okay this question may seem out of place here but people are saying the blue cover is the slipcase one does that mean the gold one is the ordinary one ?
Because this is my cover
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... er_low.jpg

:? :? :? :? :?
Do you know the Buffy fan?The Buffy fan,the Buffy fan.Do you know the Buffy fan?The one who is extremely obsessed.
author3

Postby RJH » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:11 pm

author3 wrote:Okay this question may seem out of place here but people are saying the blue cover is the slipcase one does that mean the gold one is the ordinary one ?
Because this is my cover

In the Uk we have 3 versions (not including the Kindle version)

Version one: standard hardback (blue cover)

Version two: exclusive gold edition with short story in it

Version three: slipcase in blue as the normal but presented in a slipcase without short story.
RJH

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:24 pm

RJH wrote:
author3 wrote:Okay this question may seem out of place here but people are saying the blue cover is the slipcase one does that mean the gold one is the ordinary one ?
Because this is my cover

Version three: slipcase in blue as the normal but presented in a slipcase without short story.
Which is going to be rectified by having the short story put back in, confirmed by email to me from Waterstones.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby RJH » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
RJH wrote:
Because this is my cover

Which is going to be rectified by having the short story put back in, confirmed by email to me from Waterstones.

Really? hmm so what did they (Waterstones) say?

Now do I keep this copy and get one with short story in or what hmmmm
RJH

PreviousNext

Return to Latest books