An Updated Discworld Companion

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:46 am

A solar toupee. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Watchman44 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:42 pm

Looking forward to a new edition, but nothing would replace the front page of my current one,
Image :D
Who watches the watchman.......
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
Watchman44

Postby CJDobs » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:52 pm

I've got three versions of the companion. I think thats all there is?

I have the first one in hardback, then the paperback version of that one with 'revised and updated' splashed on the cover and a third soft back, taller book with the Librarian in some kind of occult book setting (funny symbols and dribbly candles galore) on the cover!

I personally think they made a mistake in editing out old material for the third 'revised' version as I would dearly love one compendium, or at least release the companions as versions covering book 1 to whatever etc.

But then, I am a bit of a geek.

I might follow and adapt Tonys tongue in cheek advice and start glueing all my copies together!
CJDobs

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Looks like the new companion is going to be a monster but we are going to have to wait a year for it. Amazon have it listed as follows

The Complete Discworld Companion
Hardcover: 672 pages
Publisher: Gollancz (20 Oct 2011)
ISBN-10: 0575091185
ISBN-13: 978-0575091184
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 pm

But we are all going to buy it no doubt. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Well I've got it on pre-order already :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby deldaisy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi Jane,
As a fellow Aussie I know your pain. Luckily for me I have a 23 yr old daughter who is a crazy TP fan too and she is the QUEEN of never paying full price. AND she buys me TP books for Christmas or my birthday (but I don't get it if its the ONE hardcover SHE has been looking for... oh well. If you can get TP books in second hand shops for $1 - $8 then buy them and resell them on ebay hun. I paid over $20 for my hardcover of Nightwatch in a second hand store. There is ONE bookstore here in OZ that always stocks TP... can't remember the name but will find out and let you know. Sadly hardcovers are hard to come by after the first launch. If YOU find out where to get the Companions let me know; I will ask the child if she can locate them too and will let YOU know.

I refuse to have a credit card. Lets not talk about the time I was rich, newly married and had two unlimited credit cards, and then gave the pin numbers to my husband. Lets also not dwell on the year I worked in customer relations trying to calm down major clients who had had their credit cards stripped month after month after they had handed credit card details over for automatic deductions. I now use a debit card. Its great. And I have friends who use the prepaid credit cards too and they swear by them.

Your sister is a dill. You will still be cuddling you TP books chanting "My precious! My precious!" long after her faux fur purple platforms have gone out of style.
deldaisy

Postby james.a.vivian » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:23 am

Hi Jane, If your in Sydney try Broadway on the street side facing the Park there is a small secondhand book shop that sells new paperbacks $10-15 I haven't been there for a few years though.
"You gotta Door, You gotta GYM."
james.a.vivian

Postby FirstoftheGangtoDie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:30 am

The Mad Collector wrote:Looks like the new companion is going to be a monster but we are going to have to wait a year for it. Amazon have it listed as follows

The Complete Discworld Companion
Hardcover: 672 pages
Publisher: Gollancz (20 Oct 2011)
ISBN-10: 0575091185
ISBN-13: 978-0575091184

And helllo pre-order!
...I swear I'm too young to feel this old
FirstoftheGangtoDie

Previous

Return to Latest books