Eoin Cannon Fan Art

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Eoin Cannon Fan Art

Postby kakaze » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:02 am

Eoin Cannon is a 3D Artist from Melbourne, Australia.

His blog is at:
http://www.eoincannon.blogspot.com

Cohen the Barbarian:

Captain Vimes:

Polly from Monstrous Regiment:

Last edited by kakaze on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kakaze

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:13 am

Cor! :shock:

That's incredible.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:34 am

Did you do that Kakaze? :shock:

It's exactly how I imagine him. Brill! :D

(It ain't pants!)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jason » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:56 am

Wow, that is cool.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:20 am

Do you do requests? That is great!!!!

I'd like one of Vetinari ...
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:32 am

Absolutely brilliantly done.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:58 am

Looks great :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Batty » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Wow! kakaze, that is superb!
The detail is incredible - even on the sword hilt - although I can't help but think that his ankles are too thin?

Absolutly Brilliant!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:22 pm

I liked his ankles, and knees, but I especially liked the evil glint in his eye.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Batty » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:39 pm

I don't class the look in his eye as an evil glint - just focussed and determined. By the way, pooh. Apart from your spelling Hicks as Hix, shouldn't you also add 'hics' to the list - considering your love of Friday night tipples? :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby bikkit » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:59 pm

WOW

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Cheery » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:31 pm

This is absulutely incredible!
cohen all over :D
Cheery

Postby kakaze » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:12 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Did you do that Kakaze? :shock:

It's exactly how I imagine him. Brill! :D

(It ain't pants!)

I wish! This was done by a man in Australia named Eoin Cannon. He's much, much better than I am!

It's amazing what some people are doing with CG nowadays. In ten years, you won't be able to tell if it's animated or not. Maybe it'll mean the end to the professional actor, if you can replace them with an animation that doesn't age, and a computer synthisised (sic) voice...

Lady Vetinari wrote:Do you do requests? That is great!!!!

I'd like one of Vetinari ...

So would I. As well as a Carrot, Vimes, and Granny. :)

Batty wrote:Wow! kakaze, that is superb!
The detail is incredible - even on the sword hilt - although I can't help but think that his ankles are too thin?

Absolutly Brilliant!

They do look thin to me too, at least thin for someone wearing leather boots. I think his left wrist is a bit on the thin side too. Also, I'm not entirely happy with the positioning of his dagger.

poohcarrot wrote:I liked his ankles, and knees, but I especially liked the evil glint in his eye.

The knees are great. I also like the way they did the veins in his leg. But my favorite part is the backlit fur on the cape.
kakaze

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:14 pm

I was more impressed with the backlit arm hairs and 'old man' texture of his arms and the knees - is very impressive all around. :lol:

As Cohen is very much based on Paul Kidby's front cover art for HB of LH I'd say that he's using that for his refs and not normal old man proportions. Paul's original is supposed to look skeletal-legendary and so it's not strictly necessary to be a slave to reality, but instead reflect the superhuman nature of Cohen. :wink: Also to accentuate the bony, sinewy, arthritic nature of his physicality (the joints on the fingers are incredible).

Vimes's face isn't working for me - not lean or mean enough (it would help to have the cigar in too) and he looks to be too much on the portly side but the stance and uniform are great. Polly's really good I think but then I don't really have too much of visual image for her - love the podium for her as well.

He's got a great blog there as well - lots of interesting pieces in there (like the devil with ram's horns). I was beginning to get a little narked that he hadn't mentioned Paul Kidby as a source for Cohen in particular as that's pretty much a straight 'lift', but I was looking at the page from top to bottom of course, so he had done that further down of course. :oops: I'm not a blog fan and I always get caught out with that :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby EoinCannon » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Hey all, I'm glad you like my take on Paul Kidby's Cohen artwork. I thought I better chime in just to say that I started the Vimes character about a year ago and I never finished it unfortunately and actually hadn't even looked at it again until today. I'm still learning this stuff so all my pieces are pretty much practice, obviously some moreso than others. The Discworld and Paul Kidby's art provides an amazing amount of inspiration and source material, a great incentive to learn and practice

I'd love to try Vetinari, Carrot, Detritus, Granny Weatherwax, Moist in his gold suit, Nobby, Nutt, a feegle and many others if only I had the time. Vetinari sems like the most likely at this point.

Cheers
EoinCannon

Next

Return to The Broken Drum