Discworld Villains

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Discworld Villains

Postby Cheery » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:25 pm

I guess most of you know that I'm currently working on a Discworld comic.

I've been working on the storyline and I've stumbled over a problem: I haven't got a villain. Terry seems to have a habit of killing off all his villains :lol:

I'd like to find out if there is a survivor or some potential discworld villain who isn't a total nutcase walking about on Discworld. :)
I'd like to add a familiar face to the story instead of having to think up a new one.
Cheery

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:14 pm

You could use a Demon perhaps as they don't die - Astfgl from Eric for instance or his traditional rival Vassengo :twisted:

Trying to think of other baddies but I think you're right - they're more or less all deceased except for 'small-time' crooks like Chrysoprase or Josiah Herbert Boggis head of the Thieves Guild? :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Do we know for sure if Carcer was actually hanged.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:52 pm

How about some of the folk from the Wyrmberg? What happened to Coin? As to Carcer - I'm sure he was executed. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Cheery » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:18 pm

Tonyblack wrote:How about some of the folk from the Wyrmberg? What happened to Coin? As to Carcer - I'm sure he was executed. :wink:

Coin's in his bubble isn't he? I think it was a seperate dimension in a glass sphere or something like that...?
And I don't think he was not the Villain in that sense, it was more his father in the metal wand who gave him ideas.

EDIT: I thought of the wyrmberg people too, but they don't fit into the current stories and I'd like to avoid dragons... they're very, very, very, very difficult to draw.

As to other baddies:

Weeel... I've looked through the Discworld Companion in the meantime, but I didn't really find a candidate. Guess I'll have to do my own villain :? (I'm not good at villains)
Cheery

Postby Cheery » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:You could use a Demon perhaps as they don't die - Astfgl from Eric for instance or his traditional rival Vassengo :twisted:

Trying to think of other baddies but I think you're right - they're more or less all deceased except for 'small-time' crooks like Chrysoprase or Josiah Herbert Boggis head of the Thieves Guild? :roll:

The one with the demons gave me an idea. Dungeon dimensions! :D
Cheery

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:41 pm

How about the Nazi werewolves from the Fifth elephant? Maybe they got a new leader after Wolfgang died.

Or the Auditors :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Carcer does have more than 1 bite of the cherry since he started in the rough present (when Sam Jr was born) and then went back with Sam Snr and that's where he was executed but also was only 17 or however old he was - if Vime can be 17 and 40 odd (as John Keel) then so can Carcer presumably :wink:

Dungeon Dimensions are good but you'll need wizards of course :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Carcer does have more than 1 bite of the cherry since he started in the rough present (when Sam Jr was born) and then went back with Sam Snr and that's where he was executed

Didn't Carcer get executed back in the future?
Vimes took him back with him, they both landed in different places again and a few days later Carcer got captured on the graveyard.
Cheery

Postby Cheery » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:How about the Nazi werewolves from the Fifth elephant? Maybe they got a new leader after Wolfgang died.

Well, you would have to ask yourself why the werewolves would want to come to Ankh-Morpork... Of course Ankh-Morkpork is pure chaos and Auditors don't like that...
Heehee... what about the Auditors and the werewolves?

Could work.

[/i]
Cheery

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:39 pm

*slaps forehead* You're right about Carcer - been a while since I read it! :oops:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:41 pm

Cheery wrote:
Sjoerd3000 wrote:How about the Nazi werewolves from the Fifth elephant? Maybe they got a new leader after Wolfgang died.

Well, you would have to ask yourself why the werewolves would want to come to Ankh-Morpork... Of course Ankh-Morkpork is pure chaos and Auditors don't like that...
Heehee... what about the Auditors and the werewolves?

Could work.
[/i]

If the werewolves come to Ankh-Morpork it means that Angua and the watch have to be involved as well :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Cheery » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:20 pm

If the werewolves come to Ankh-Morpork it means that Angua and the watch have to be involved as well :D

I wrote something about it on the Scallywags thread. You may want to have a look :wink:
Cheery

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:49 pm

How about a nasty Orc.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Um wrong set of stories pooh ... though Pterry is a huge fan of LotR.

Lady Felmet from Wyrd Sisters was pretty awful.
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Next

Return to The Broken Drum