Ask Casanunda - Trouble Thread

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:27 am

Is that 22/human or 2/human x 11?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby wicked woman » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:10 am

It's too early for math, Pooh! What time is it over there?
wicked woman

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:13 am

8:15 pm
poohcarrot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:03 pm

poohcarrot wrote:When I said "We" I meant human beings in general. I do not have multiple personalities. Yes I do. You shut up. Or else what you old git? Right that's it. Get me! :twisted:

I have friends who play three different characters at a time in an online MMORPG Everquest and use them to argue with themselves. It confuses new people in the guild who actually think that there are 6 people speaking when there are actually only two of them. :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:53 am

Ponder Stibbons wrote:Course not. i do that when i can't find me glasses.

:lol: Without my glasses I don't even see I have a computer in front of me (more or less) and since I don't see a thing without them, it's pretty obvious I can't find them without them so :? . Then someone invented nice daily lenses : now when I can't find my glasses I wear my lenses and with them I can find the glasses!!!!!

I don't have questions of the heart or maybe too many :? the only thing that comes to my mind is How do you make your heart calm down when all of a sudden it goes bumping in your chest so much you can actually feel it without touching your pulse, just standing still and doing nothing else but feeling anxious? I've always managed by waiting: either I faint or it will pass in time, so I wait for time to make it slow down... but sometimes it takes quite a long time.. :?

I don't know where to say this, but it's about love, maybe I can say it here I've finished to read Jane Eyre and it was quite nice and a very happy ending. Of course those books must have a happy ending, I would have burn it if after all those pages the author had given her another new husband! I finished it yesterday night, and it left me a sense of peace I wasn't expecting, nice quiet feeling that helped me falling asleep :) :o :)
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:06 pm

When your heart is pumping like that it's because your body has produced adrenalin because something has triggered the need to maybe fight or run away - it's a very primitive survival instinct. Because we can't always do that we become extremely anxious and in some cases we get a 'panic attack'.

There's not much you can do other than recognising it for what it is and convincing yourself that you are going to be ok once your body calms down.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dr Theobald » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:20 pm

Having a few friends who indulge in target rifle shooting I can confirm that they have learned to properly control their heart rate - taking it down to 1/3 or normal for short periods so that they can improve the accuracy of their shooting. Some claim that they can actually suspend their heart beats for a few critical seconds although I have yet to see that demonstrated.

Dr T
Dr Theobald

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Really deep breathing can help as it does slow your heartrate down.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby janet » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Actually, to be serious for a moment, I had the same heart thumping problem a few months ago and it was nothing to do with carnal desires or excess activity (at my age? not likely). I'd had swine flu and couldn't understand why I wasn't getting over it and had these odd symptoms like heart-racing for no reason and extreme fatigue. Eventually I convinced the docs to take blood tests and they found a highly increased thyroid activity was to blame for my symptoms. I've been taking carbimazole for a few months now to regulate my thyroid and it's worked to the point that I'm only on the minimum dosage now and no more heart flutters.
It may be a good idea to consult your doctor Crysania....seriously.....!
Anything can trigger a hyperthyroid (viruses can do it) and it's easily managed with medical help.
Statistically 1 in 5 of us can expect to experience some kind of thyroid dysfunction in our lifetime and age is no barrier.
Sorry to depress you all :( but that's how I felt when they told me :shock:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Skip_Snip » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:17 pm

There's a guy I like at work, but don't know his name or anything, so would it be stalkerish yto look on the rota for names I don't know, Facebook them on my Blackberry, and look for certain details to see if I got a chance, then drop their favourite musics into conversation to grab more attention?? :P
Crash KaPop, Bang KaBoom, Zam KaZap, Zam KaZoom !!
Skip_Snip

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Why don't you just go up to him and say hello?
poohcarrot

Postby Skip_Snip » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:42 pm

Haha thaty would be simpler, but I get toungue tied xD like with someone I used to see around a loit, I went over to say hi and introduce myself, but it came out in gobbedegook :P I managed to save it though, I just talk a stream of crap, and finished with "oh, tu no speaki ghuandia?" And walked off xD instead of thinknig I was insane he just thought I was foreign :)x
Crash KaPop, Bang KaBoom, Zam KaZap, Zam KaZoom !!
Skip_Snip

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:02 am

poohcarrot wrote:Is that 22/human or 2/human x 11?

THe first.
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:54 am

janet wrote:Actually, to be serious for a moment, I had the same heart thumping problem a few months ago and it was nothing to do with carnal desires or excess activity (at my age? not likely). I'd had swine flu and couldn't understand why I wasn't getting over it and had these odd symptoms like heart-racing for no reason and extreme fatigue. Eventually I convinced the docs to take blood tests and they found a highly increased thyroid activity was to blame for my symptoms. I've been taking carbimazole for a few months now to regulate my thyroid and it's worked to the point that I'm only on the minimum dosage now and no more heart flutters.
It may be a good idea to consult your doctor Crysania....seriously.....!
Anything can trigger a hyperthyroid (viruses can do it) and it's easily managed with medical help.
Statistically 1 in 5 of us can expect to experience some kind of thyroid dysfunction in our lifetime and age is no barrier.
Sorry to depress you all :( but that's how I felt when they told me :shock:

No depression here about that. I was misdiagnosed by a jerk doctor for 13 years and almost died of Graves Disease. Ask yer doc if you have Pyrothyridoxase Antibodies. That is what they do to make sure whether it is Graves or another type of thyroid dysfunction. It is important to be sure of what you have. I am sending you a HUGE High Five for making your doctor pay attention to you. That rocks!! :lol: I think you are way 8) for doing that.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby janet » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 am

Thanks Tina :D It's been a strange 6 months since I had the flu and all those other things started happening but really I have no complaints about the GP or the way I've been treated. The NHS has been very good to me with my problems over the years. I'm having regular blood tests and they all indicated hyperthyroid but the last lot showed that it was calming down so they lowered my dose of carbimazole. I've a hospital appointment in 2 weeks and I'm really hoping that I don't have to have the radioactive iodine treatment they mentioned but I think it's already been decided......there's a node :shock:
Take care xx
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum