Life in general....

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby kakaze » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Out of curiosity, does you mother now have four or five digits on that hand? :shock:

A few years ago Sharlene had the top of her finger chopped off by a defective chair at the Jack-in-the-Box burger place. She still has some trouble with it as in lack of feeling there.

Actually, it wasn't her whole finger (she didn't tell me about this though), it was just the end of her ring finger at the third joint. And she didn't even look for it! If I cut the end of my finger off, I'd at least look around before going to the hospital. She found it about 3 days later and threw it away.

I told her that she ought to take a plate of "lady's fingers" with her when she went back to work. :lol:
kakaze

Postby Catch-up » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:09 pm

OMG! :shock: Where's the passing out smiley? I'm with you, I would have at least tried to find it and put it on ice.

I'm with you on the cheese singles too. Even the girls won't eat it. Yuck.
Catch-up

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:25 am

Funny fact about Kraft Individually wrapped processed cheesefood product, I used to work with a guy whose wife's father invented and patented the process and sold it to Kraft. unfortunately, he seemed more concerned about when her father was going to die and make him wealthy. :shrug:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:33 am

Can you easily buy yummy UK cheese in the US eg; Stilton, Wensleydale, proper mature cheddah etc? At Costco I sometimes buy Monterry Jack, which is pretty tasteless, and I wouldn't wipe my bottom with Kraft (too slippy and your finger tends to poke through!)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:38 am

poohcarrot wrote:Can you easily buy yummy UK cheese in the US eg; Stilton, Wensleydale, proper mature cheddah etc? At Costco I sometimes buy Monterry Jack, which is pretty tasteless, and I wouldn't wipe my bottom with Kraft (too slippy and your finger tends to poke through!)
You can get some British cheeses, but it's not that easily available.

Trader Joes has a pretty good selection and I've seen some really good cheeses in a wine shop. I generally smuggle some decent cheese in when I come over.

There's a Welsh Cheddar called Black Bomber that is incredibly tasty, that I've brought over. I just hope the US customs don't find I've got a black bomber in my suitcase. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:06 am

Tonyblack wrote:There's a Welsh Cheddar called Black Bomber that is incredibly tasty, that I've brought over. I just hope the US customs don't find I've got a black bomber in my suitcase. :lol:

:twisted: Oh dear, naughty naughty man, at least you didn't SAY you had a Black Bomber... hehehe Now I cannot get the vision of innocent? Tony being tackled by 30 or 40 agents in the airport.

When I was going to Florida to see my Dad and wicked Step-Monster, I had my computer case with me as a carry-on. This was PRE-9/11, mind you. I was picked out of the line leaving security AFTER it had been ex-rayed, and told to take it over to another table. I hesitated about two seconds, and I was immediately surrounded by 12 or more security agents and I complied. They wiped it for Cocaine residue. I was like totally shocked and felt abused by the way the man told me to take it over to this other place, it was completely surreal. Here I was a typical Mom, with hubby and kids going to Florida and got picked out of a HUGE crowd of people. :shock: I just wanted to play with my new toy on the plane. :cry: Now it is just routine along with taking your shoes off and being willing for a go at a strip search I suppose.

That is why I am taking the train out to see my baby sister, More train wrecks but less tackles and general wonkiness, I hope. *crosses fingers*

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby kakaze » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:00 am

poohcarrot wrote:Can you easily buy yummy UK cheese in the US eg; Stilton, Wensleydale, proper mature cheddah etc?

Yes, but if you review the posts you'll see that we were discussing my cheese deprivation in China, where there are no Costcos and certainly no Brittish cheese, unless you're willing to pay something like $20 a pound for imported stuff.

And I remember one security person go completely through my luggage once. She was very, very therough! She seemed very put out when she couldn't find my stash (it was hidden in a hollow heel in my boot... just kidding) and actually said "I'm not usually wrong" :roll:

I guess that's what happens when you wear sweat pants and a T-shirt so you'll be comfortable on the 14 hour flight from Shanghai to Oregon! :evil:
kakaze

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:06 am

So what's good US cheese, then?
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:49 am

Dunno, but it seems like all you hear is "I love cheeses". Drives Richard Dawkins mad, apparently. Obviously not a fan of dairy.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:09 am

:lol: :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby chris.ph » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:49 pm

poohcarrot wrote:So what's good US cheese, then?

you are asking this of a country who put cheese in a squirty can :shock:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:55 pm

:lol: We can put anything into a squirty can. 8)

I am a bit clueless in the cheese department. Typically we try to keep cheddar, asiago, parmesean and parmeseano reggiano on hand. We've gotten some delicious cheeses as gifts, but don't ask me what they were called, let alone where they came from. I didn't pay attention. :oops: :lol:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:31 am

Mr D likes Munster. Stunk my fridge out, the rat bag. We took some in tupperware to the in-laws to try, & they made us leave it on the driveway :oops: On the way home we had to throw it in a lay-by.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby kakaze » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:15 pm

poohcarrot wrote:So what's good US cheese, then?

Out of American cheeses, I like Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack, and Cream cheese (particularly on bagles).

I think I remember liking Munster, but I do remember really liking Port Wine, but I haven't eaten it since I was a teenager because it's a little pricey.
kakaze

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Catch-up wrote::lol: We can put anything into a squirty can. 8)

Darn Tootin' we can-can anything, well, maybe not Leather, but we Can put Fake leather in a can. :lol: :twisted:

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum