Life in general....

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:43 am

Dotsie wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:On the subject of Cheese, we ARE called the Melting Pot of the world...

I've never heard that. Who calls you that?

Goolge School House Rocks and Melting Pot or look on Youtube for the video! Great one that!

Also a good cheese maker is Cabot in Vermont which has won best Chedder at the World Championship of Cheese or something like that!
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Dotsie » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:18 am

Exp. Date, the rat wrote:
Dotsie wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:On the subject of Cheese, we ARE called the Melting Pot of the world...

Goolge School House Rocks and Melting Pot or look on Youtube for the video! Great one that!

Ah, so Americans call America the melting pot. I see :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Exp. Date, the rat wrote: Also a good cheese maker is Cabot in Vermont which has won best Chedder at the World Championship of Cheese or something like that!

Cheddar isn't an American cheese - lots of countries can make it of course, but the actual cheese originated in the vicinity of Cheddar Gorge in Somerset England in early medieval times.

The housemate swears the best Cheddar he's ever tasted was made in Zimbabwe near Bulawayo in the v. early 1990's (before their glorious leader decided they didn't need European farmers). :)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby kakaze » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Dotsie wrote:

wikipedia.org wrote:The melting pot is an analogy for the way in which heterogeneous societies become more homogeneous, in which the ingredients in the pot (people of different cultures and religions) are combined so as to develop a multi-ethnic society. The term, which originates from the United States, is often used to describe societies experiencing large scale immigration from many different countries.
kakaze

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum