Life in general....

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Life in general....

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:40 pm

Just thought I'd start this thread to avoid having to split the update in to several other threads. :oops: :D

Let's see - the awful cold I've had for weeks, seems to be finally getting better (knock wood). I felt well enough yesterday to rake the yard, although at our house that's more an act of self preservation. We have a huge black walnut tree and when those walnuts fall there's not a place you can step where you don't risk twisting an ankle.

Last weekend m.i.l. and I took Thing 1 to the saddlery to finally get her riding gear! She got boots, a helmet and jodhpurs. And I was floored when my m.i.l. insisted on paying for the whole thing!! :shock: And, so, so grateful! Thank goodness for grandparents. My mom surprised me this morning by telling me that she wanted to pay for an arts go round add on to Thing 2's preschool class. That's something I would have had to pass on. So, again, I'm so grateful!

Thing 1 gets to participate in a practice show tomorrow morning, so we're all really excited about that.

Since I'm feeling better I've been more proactive about my volunteer stuff. I'm on the town's Hometown Holidays Committee and a volunteer location scout for our town and the Michigan Film Office. So I'll hopefully be out getting some pictures soon.

And, finally, just got an email from Derek. He forwarded a company wide message about budgets and restructuring. So I'm fighting off a major anxiety attack. We've been so incredibly lucky so far, in that he's kept his job through several major layoffs. I'm slightly encouraged by the fact that they've just asked him to attend a training conference in Chicago, but of course, layoffs aren't always done logically.

Whew! That's it. Thanks for reading!
Catch-up

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:00 pm

We Lub Joo!!!!! (((HUGS)))
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Terry f » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Just going through divorce and trying to get some state support.......lol kinda wondering whats been going on for the last fifteen years on the good side my cancer scare was just that so yay.
Terry f

Postby Catch-up » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:35 pm

Thanks Tina! Hugs back! I'm slightly less panicky about that last part now. Slightly.

And Terry, HUGE HUGS for you! It sounds like you've had far more of your fair share of trouble lately. :(

The show went really well this morning! Thing 1 got two blue ribbons. :D However, I think it may have been one of those shows where everyone wins something. :wink:
Catch-up

Postby Terry f » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Sorry peeps just a bad night cool again now..........yay
Terry f

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:41 pm

I have those too... sent my baby sister an email and then texted her this morning to basically dial the emotions DOWN by 1/3... LOL :lol: I said I think I was having some issues... I was sobbing my eyes out, trying to talk to a MAN who simply cannot understand that it HAS to come out or I will do something rash, and typing to her and listening to a horrible tv show he was watching about an unsolved rape spree in Nashville KY.

Aargh, I spend more time telling him I am NOT mad at him it is the Other guy from my past that I cannot get OUT of my head/gut.

Sometimes, men can be just absolute pants... then there is the other percent when they are too sweet. And here we are, Wimmens, Mad as Snakes... :roll:

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:44 pm

Yep, I need a Map... a Lead Pipe about three feet long, ... a Good GPS, and an non-descript vehicle and a good get-away driver... and my list

Postby kakaze » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:51 am

I remember, about two years ago, I was still living in China, and I get an email from my mom. It says:

"Hi Joe,

I just though I ought to send you a letter and let you know what's going on. I was working in the garage yesterday and accidentally cut my finger off.

Well, that's about it.

Love,

Mom"

:shock:

Can you believe that she tried to drive herself to the hospital? :roll:
kakaze

Postby Batty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Yep, I need a Map... a Lead Pipe about three feet long, ... a Good GPS, and an non-descript vehicle and a good get-away driver... and my list

Aw! Tina! Image Mind you, when you first mentioned the lead pipe, I imagined a Cluedo board, for some reason! Think purple!
(((Hugs!)))
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Batty » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:11 pm

kakaze wrote:I remember, about two years ago, I was still living in China, and I get an email from my mom. It says:

"Hi Joe,

I just though I ought to send you a letter and let you know what's going on. I was working in the garage yesterday and accidentally cut my finger off.

Well, that's about it.

Love,

Mom"

I hope she didn't have to do hand signals!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:46 pm

kakaze wrote:I remember, about two years ago, I was still living in China, and I get an email from my mom. It says:

"Hi Joe,

Well, that's about it.

Love,

Mom"

Geez! :shock:

Didn't know you had lived in China! What was that like?
Catch-up

Postby kakaze » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Catch-up wrote:Didn't know you had lived in China! What was that like?

All the disadvantages of a third-world country (poor sanitation, rude people, terrible drivers, corrupt/incompetent police) with few of the advantages (unemployment insurance, retirement, Home Depot, Radio Shack, cheese...).

Well, I tell a lie; they did have pre-sliced American Cheese, but I think I'd rather put plastic in my sandwich! :x
kakaze

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:25 pm

"Hi Joe,

Well, that's about it.

Love,

Mom"

LOL yeah I actually can believe that. I drove a drill bit through my finger and drove myself to the hospital with my 14 (edit: year old son) in the passenger seat. He kept offering to drive, his father let him drive a lot, and I kept telling him that he was there to slap me if I passed out. LOL, he is such a good boy.
Last edited by Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:48 pm

"Hi Joe,

Well, that's about it.

Love,

Mom"

Out of curiosity, does you mother now have four or five digits on that hand? :shock:

A few years ago Sharlene had the top of her finger chopped off by a defective chair at the Jack-in-the-Box burger place. She still has some trouble with it as in lack of feeling there.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Tonyblack wrote:A few years ago Sharlene had the top of her finger chopped off by a defective chair at the Jack-in-the-Box burger place. She still has some trouble with it as in lack of feeling there.

At least it wasn't at KFC, which is known to be finger-lickin' good! :oops:
Batty

Next

Return to The Broken Drum