OUR PETS? WHAT DO YOU HAVE

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby wolfiess » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:56 pm

chris.ph wrote:ive got a little dog called troy

[img][img]http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp67/chris_ph2008/04112007020-1.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image

just a little one then :D
i get enough exercise just pushing my luck
wolfiess

Postby Trish » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:15 am

Yeah. I'd hate to see chrisph's "big" dog.

Isa's a sweetie. Lab /shephard mix is a nice dog. Smart too.
Trish

Postby Cheery » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:44 am

Well, we've got two cats, used to have three called Miezi Bonny & Clyde, but Clyde ended up under a car about a year ago :( .

They're all black but Miezi is the darkest, smallest and youngest (I wouldn't pick such a name for any pet anymore, but I was eight when I named her). She's a very pretty cat but a bit of a devil sometimes. She loves to be stroked, but if you do it too long she spins around with no warning at all and bites you. Then she walks away and two minutes later she comes back and wants to be stroked again. :roll: :lol:

Bonny and Clyde were siblings (explains the names I guess) and very different from each other. Clyde was a very shy cat, always hiding somewhere when people were around and very easily spooked. Unfortunatly, he was the only one who went down to the road.

Bonni is a cuddly-cat. She goes to everybody she sees and literally begs to be stroked, because she loves it so much. If you even touch her a bit, she immediatly starts to purr :lol: .

I love our cats :D Wouldn't be the same house without them.
Cheery

Postby Alfiesda » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:18 pm

love these storys and pics, will post ones of my tribe later when the oh has time , bob the greyhound had a gteat time on friday he had an equestrian arena to himself and 2 scruffy mates, they were all off leads , it was fun watching them run and play.
KILLIN GREYHOUNDS,,, GONAE NO DAE THAT
Alfiesda

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:51 pm

Trish wrote:Yeah. I'd hate to see chrisph's "big" dog.

Isa's a sweetie. Lab /shephard mix is a nice dog. Smart too.

Yeah she's very smart (and sweet). Last time she was playing with two Jack Russell Terriers I called her since it was time to go. She came because she knows she gets a cookie then. After she had eaten the cookie she ran back to the other dogs to play some more :evil:
On lofty Beysitoun the lingering sun looks down on ceaseless labors, long begun.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Catch-up » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Sjoerd, I love Isa! What a cutie.

CJDobs, I loved your post - made me laugh!

We have a grey and black striped cat who is really high strung and is only now allowing the girls to get anywhere near her (they're 9 and 5, that's how long it took). The girls have two grey rats. I was skeptical about having rats, but they are full of personality and really won me over.

We used to have a Samoyed but he passed away over a year ago. The girls really want another dog, but we just can't take on the responsibility right now. I loved our dog dearly, but I really could go the rest of my life without ever having to go on poop patrol again.
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Trish wrote:We have a goldfish named Gregory. Had 3, but Wilson and Cuddy died.

HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby keith_art » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:56 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:

Why am i not surprised that Gregory was the survivor? :roll:
and a hard boiled egg!

See my Art & Videos at http://bit.ly/affections
keith_art

Postby raspberry » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Two gorgeous tabby cats called Eric and Ernie. They have short, fat, hairy legs!
I love them love them love them and they make my day every day. Ernie likes to stroke my face with his paw. Bless.
… I read him his rites, whereupon, he said up, yours copper. Sgnt Detritus then, cautioned him, upon which he said, ouch…
raspberry

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:31 pm

raspberry wrote:Two gorgeous tabby cats called Eric and Ernie. They have short, fat, hairy legs!I love them love them love them and they make my day every day. Ernie likes to stroke my face with his paw. Bless.
:lol: That made me laugh out loud.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Trish » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:14 pm

keith_art wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:

Why am i not surprised that Gregory was the survivor? :roll:

There were supposed to be two fish, Jeeves and Wooster, but my son came home with a spare. Good thing, huh.

I'm just glad my daughter didn't try to put the entire cast of Blackadder into the tank. Stephen Fry is also delighted.
Trish

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:58 am

In January my beloved funny, lovely Springer Spaniel Rowley had to have the big needle (he had a brain tumour and having progressively worsening fits so when we realised he was almost blind as well we couldn't let it go on). It was heart-breaking to lose him (am crying as I type) but it was the best thing we could have done of course.

Losing Rowley left such a huge hole in our life that 5 days later we brought Toby home and whilst he's not filled the gap exactly he's made another niche just for himself. He's another springer and as soppy and funny as Rowley just in different ways, although he does look a little bit like him.

Pictures to come another time as I'm in the middle of something else :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Springer spaniels are bonkers! Every time I see people with them they seem to have boundless energy. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:27 pm

These are my too, Muppet & Daisy. They're my babies :D Rabbits might not be the most affectionate animals, but they love their mummy

What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:28 pm

This is Rowley in a horse trough with built in pump on our village green (quite rare to have one of those in Cornwall). In his mouth is the filthiest ball in the dirtiest and most frequently lost ball collection known to dogkind...

And this lanky pup is Toby who's coming up for 2 yrs old but we've only had him since January (his previous owner had to give him up due to illness)

In his mouth is the mercifully cheap toy that he took approximately 2 hours to unravel from it's original rope-like status - a whole 24 hours improvement on his first record with the previous toy we got for him on the way home from the dog rescue... :roll:

tonyblack wrote:Springer spaniels are bonkers! Every time I see people with them they seem to have boundless energy. :D

Amen to that! Both of them were/are 'allergic' to leads and Toby actually runs off at walkies time 'cos he hates them so much - unfortunately we can't trust him off it so it's a constant battle to haul him out to a field that doesn't have animals in it so he can run without the lead. It's a well known Springer thing and we were actually laughing like drains the other night when a documentary showed a top sniffer dog - Springers are champs at this - doing exactly what Rowley and Toby do. Nose to the ground, erratically swivelling from side to side whilst trying to yank your arm out if its socket... :roll: In compensation they are very loving dogs and endlessly funny.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum