OUR PETS? WHAT DO YOU HAVE

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

OUR PETS? WHAT DO YOU HAVE

Postby Alfiesda » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:23 am

IVE GOT 7 RESCUE RATS, and a rescue greyhound, i had my previous dog muggins for almost 16 years, he was a spit for laddie in moving pictures,

i then got a wee dog called laddie who looked like gaspode or thcrapth, he only lasted 2 weeks, he junped out the bedroom window , we live on the 3rd floor,

poor wee thing bust his leg in5 places and pulled out all the tendons in his front paws, he had to be pts.

we now have bob who is an ex racing greyhound, he is a fantastic dog , ive only had him 2 weeks and he is totaly settled in

anyone else have animals with stories? i would love to hear them
Alfiesda

Postby keith_art » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:34 am

We have 3 coral snakes, 'Coral, Houdini & Skikkles'.However, Skikkles is an obstinate b*gger and has to be force fed. That means pushing lumps of dead baby mouse (pinky) down its throat and hoping that it won't regurgitate.

We also have a gerbil, Billy. We had two but just this week poor Jerry has gone to his final resting place [the bottom of the garden] with a touching funeral, presided over by our 9 year old son, gravedigger and vicar, Jack.
and a hard boiled egg!

See my Art & Videos at http://bit.ly/affections
keith_art

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:37 am

I don't have any pets at the moment, although I used to have a little white cat named Leida. She's gone to live with the lady in the flat downstairs as I spend so much time back and fore to America.

However, Sharlene has two of the sweetest cats who look forward to my visits and consider me their daddy. I'm looking forward to seeing them again in two weeks time - along with Sharlene of course. :D

Victoria Regina and Emily Dickenson.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:35 am

Nowt!
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am

I don't have anything.

I don't think it's fair to have an animal, when I'm out at work all day, and you can't cuddle a goldfish!!

Up until the Monday after last Christmas, I did have shares in the family dog, Jess, but she had cancer, and had to go to the great kennel in the sky.

God, they break your heart.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby cols » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:02 pm

I've got a cat who thinks she's a dog .
she growls at the postie and anyone else she doesn't like and she makes what could be termed barking noises at the bin lorry.
She's not a cuddly cat and will rip most people up for mistakenly lifting her up ..She does not like to be touched
cols

Postby Batty » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:05 pm

I don't have any at the moment, but used to have a cat - in fact I've had 4 in total.
The tabbies were the friendliest and most intelligent, and had me trained in no time at all! Image Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Trish » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:51 pm

We have a goldfish named Gregory. Had 3, but Wilson and Cuddy died.
He is a fat fish.

Kitty came from the junkyard almost 6 years ago. He was then the size of his head now. We never named him, we figured he knows who he is. Kitty's a good boy who hates...

...Tibby, an urchin my daughter found at a dance last fall. She has 1/2 of a brain cell and uses it sparingly. Eats carpet. Lately, she's taken to sleeping in the linen closet, no one knows why.

We used to have Flopsy, a New Zealand white who didnt' like anyone but me because I brought her apple branches.
She was very spoiled and would not eat iceberg lettuce --only romaine.
My son named her The Flopsinator because she'd head-bang the kitchen door when she wanted in.
Trish

Postby kakaze » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:57 pm

I used to have a 3-legged cat. We found her in a park where a car had run over her foot (we think).

We took her home with the idea of giving her a warm bed and good last meal and then having her put down in the morning.

However, when my mom took her to the vet's, she couldn't have her killed and ended up having her leg amputated.

We named her Sarah and she ended up living with us for over 10 years!

I've had pet dogs, cats, rabbits, fish, parakeets, a hampster, horses, and a scorpion. I guess the chickens, pigs, sheep, and cows don't count as pets.

Right now, all I've got is a dog (palmaranian), and a cat (breed unknown). The cat's interesting; she's completely snowy-white with one blue eye and one green eye.
kakaze

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:02 pm

The colour difference in eyes of white cats can be fairly common - they often get named Ziggy after David Bowie's creation. :lol:

Deafness is also common in white cats. My little white cat was completely deaf - it's a genetic defect, although not in pure white Persians. :)
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:25 pm

ive got a little dog called troy

[img][img]http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp67/chris_ph2008/04112007020-1.jpg[/img]
[/img]Image
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:49 pm

I've got a little dog called Isa. She's 4 and a half months old now and a labrador/white shepherd cross. before her we had a mongrel dog called Tara we had her for 15 years. I was 6 years old when we got her as a puppy.
I've posted a picture of Isa before but here it is again :D

Isn't she sweet :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

The managerie

Postby CJDobs » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi Folks,

Our Pets - two cats Murphy and Tess.

Murphy is one seriously baffled cat. He yarks to get out, so you let him out at the front door. He then goes straight round the back and yarks to come back in. Does this all day and it drives me potty.

Tess is big, fat, smelly and altogether evil - with the devil in her eyes. My wife assures me she is in fact a lovely animal but after nearly eleven years, I still fail to see it. Tess doesnt like me much and the feeling is mutual :twisted:

We also have some fish, tropical thingies. My youngest son Kieran named them all. When asked to provide non de plume's for the seven tank inhabitants, he proudly announced 'Kierans Fish' so there you go, a collective.

Finally we've inherited a huge black garden spider which lives along the alcove. He spends his day weaving webs which my wife then sweeps away. she keeps telling me to put him outside, but bless him, I like the little -er- big fella and he eats Daddy longlegs by the dozen. There's bits of them left in the little web that my wife has yet to find :D

CJ
CJDobs

Re: The managerie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:48 pm

CJDobs wrote:
Murphy is one seriously baffled cat. He yarks to get out, so you let him out at the front door. He then goes straight round the back and yarks to come back in. Does this all day and it drives me potty.

Ah, that's a well known cat game called 'Wrong-Side of the Door'. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby wolfiess » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:54 pm

i live in the ark (animals 2 by 2)

we have a little brown rescue mutt call roxy who is 12 and we were her last hope as she had been taken back 4 times as she just barks all when alone.

we have a rescue dog called nero who is a black lab staffie cross and very very stupid he's 1ish

we have 2 white rescue rats called elfie and nut

2 gold fish

and until i moved in with rain i had 2 cats tj and grebo who now live with old flatmate and i miss them

we got nero to keep roxy company after we had to have defur our border collie put down last year. he had been abused and abandoned for 8 months when we got him and was so under fed and hurt that he developed a few problems which meant basically if rain or i laughed he attacked us so after 18 month of trying everything and the attacks getting more savage each time we had to admit defeat and agree with vet and have him pts one of the saddest days in my life
i get enough exercise just pushing my luck
wolfiess

Next

Return to The Broken Drum