im still standing

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Trish » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:06 am

chris.ph wrote:
Trish wrote:Is that like a concussion on steroids?
Wow...
no trish its basically a stroke

Good god. That is serious.
One mini-stroke means more may be coming your way.

Take care, man.
Trish

Postby wolfiess » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:28 am

i was very luck. i have been left with permanent headaches and trigeminal neuralgia and left sided weakness my memory is a bit shot but rain would say it was like that before :D . i have also been advised that it will happen again and next time it will be worse but nothing i can do. It happened on the 3rd july so its taking a bit of time to get back together and can be very frustrating when i cant do something i use to be able to do i just have to keep reminding myself slowly but surly is better than 6 feet under
i get enough exercise just pushing my luck
wolfiess

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:17 am

There's nothing like a brush with Death to make you appreciate life. You've had quite a shock I imagine. I hope the headaches don't get too bad - hang in there. *HUGS*
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Wow! Welcome back, and congratulations!
Catch-up

Postby Trish » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:50 pm

wolfiess wrote:i was very luck. i have been left with permanent headaches and trigeminal neuralgia and left sided weakness my memory is a bit shot but rain would say it was like that before :D . i have also been advised that it will happen again and next time it will be worse but nothing i can do. It happened on the 3rd july so its taking a bit of time to get back together and can be very frustrating when i cant do something i use to be able to do i just have to keep reminding myself slowly but surly is better than 6 feet under

Yes, you were lucky.

A friend of mine had a stroke almost 5 years ago at age 46. Because this is the US and health care is lousy, the ER diagnosed him as having had a heart attack.

He went to several docs and finally paid out of pocket for a good one.
That doc said "exercise, keep your bp down and eat right."
Bob's lost 30 lbs, lifts weights every morning, walks to work and is healthier than he's ever been.
He can't see quite right peripherally, but hey.

My sweet mom had 2 mini-strokes in as many days. Of course, she never told us!
After the 2d one, her left side was compromised, but not bad enough to subject herself to the local hospital --the Steubenville, OH hospitals are known as "Death Valley" for good reason.

My son shoved her (bodily) into the car and I drove her to Pittsburgh where they have real doctors.
She spent 10 days in hospital, took lots of therapy and didn't drive again for 6 months.

She gets home, Bob comes over to visit her, they start comparing 'stroke stories.'
Yeah... they had both had previous mini-strokes, but put them down to "dizziness" and "what a head rush."

You take care of yourself.
Trish

Postby Batty » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 pm

After my chemo in 2006, I was having radiotherapy & went for tests to see if I was OK to be prescribed Herceptin.
They discovered that I had a heart problem and was then sent for further tests, which resulted in my being diagnosed with 2 holes in the heart.
Apparently, a hole in the heart can not only lead to migraines, but can induce mini strokes, so I was sent for an MRI scan, which showed that I have had 9 mini strokes - although I was completely unaware of having had them!
My sister says that it explains a lot - and I now have an excuse to act daft and blame my condition!
Luckily for me, I've never had a full stroke & they've now closed both of the holes.
I do sometimes feel 'fuzzy' & struggle to think of words, names or phrases, but otherwise I'm OK.

I know that I am very lucky, and have every sympathy for people who have had a stroke.
(((Hugs to wolfiess & Trish's mum)))
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:50 pm

**HUGS** all round I think. :)
Tonyblack

Postby wolfiess » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:53 am

Tonyblack wrote:**HUGS** all round I think. :)

your very right tony HUGS

glad everyones doing well now
i get enough exercise just pushing my luck
wolfiess

Postby Dotsie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:10 pm

Well Batty, I think you're a star :wink: Nobody puns like you :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Coo! Thanks, Dotsie.

I sometimes think that I should invent a family crest of a small theatre stage balanced on a dictionary - to depict a 'play on words'! :oops:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Batty wrote:Coo! Thanks, Dotsie.

I sometimes think that I should invent a family crest of a small theatre stage balanced on a dictionary - to depict a 'play on words'! :oops:
You don't work for the Ankh-Morpork Guild of Heralds do you? :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Batty

Postby chris.ph » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:25 pm

is there anybody healthy on here :wink: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:36 pm

Not I, not sound in Mind or Body, Muahahahahaha! :twisted: Actually I am getting pretty sound of mind now that mom is losing hers. It becomes easier to forgive the big nasties when you know that the person who tormented you all your life is not altogether there any more.... sounds worse than it is, but she was/is pretty evil.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Chris

I'm healthy and happy! 8)

Tina

Has anything ever nice happened to you in your whole life?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum