Discworld fanfiction

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Discworld fanfiction

Postby simone » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:25 am

nattheweirdo wrote:I randomly decided to read discworld fanfiction on fanfiction.net
and I found the most scary parings on there :S
Vimes and vetinari...yes VETINARI!
vimes and carrot! (:O)
susan and teatime :/
i was most disturbed...and I accidentialy stumbled upon a graffic vimes and vietnari one
I am scared I tell you :lol:
Whats everyones opinion on this? I mean I like fanfics but I was rather worried by those pairings :lol:

X Nat

i just looked at this site, and there are 42 pages of fanfiction titles for Discworld! Did you read them all to come up with this list, or use some kind of filter :shock: :wink: :lol:
simone

Postby chris.ph » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:57 am

dont think shatner and nemoy would ever get it on even if they were gay they couldnt stand each other :lol:
here is a quick one what was the breed and name of kirks dog and i do mean kirk :?: :?:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:25 am

I'm pretty sure he likes great danes and seem to remember that he takes them with him when filming.

I one say a documentary where Shatner was at the making of one of the movies and was going on about what a great time they all had and Uhura (I think it was) told him that actually none of them could stand him as he was such a big head. :lol:

I found some DVDs recently of the very early episodes and they are almost painful to watch - Shatner is such a ham. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 am

In the 'new' Star Trek Chris Pine 'got' that hamming so right with the Kirk role it was almost painful to watch at first - he (Pine) was so good though and muttermuttermuttergreattolookatmuttermuttermutter that it was just so right - maybe it was faulty corsetry that made Shatner so stinky? :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:35 am

No, come on! Space Seed - episode 6 I think - will go down in history surely for it's fantastic acting :lol: It's one of my favourites (although during the obligatory fist fight, you can actually see close ups of the stunt mens faces :roll: )
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:19 am

Dotsie wrote:........ during the obligatory fist fight, you can actually see close ups of the stunt mens faces :roll:

If it weren't for Dr. Who and Red Dwarf 'classic' StarTrek would be the Crossroads of space soaps :lol:

Skipping over the odder pairings in Nattheweirdo's initial post I don't think Susan and Teatime are that odd really and not because they're opposite genders so much - definitely a frisson going on in there and lots of childhood issues in common too. :twisted:

They could have been good together :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Skipping over the odder pairings in Nattheweirdo's initial post I don't think Susan and Teatime are that odd really and not because they're opposite genders so much - definitely a frisson going on in there and lots of childhood issues in common too. :twisted:

They could have been good together :lol:

I personally do not read or write slash but I do write a lot of fanfic - and yes I have started a couple of Disc ones... (should see some HP pairings! Boggeleth the mindeth!)

I think Susan and Teatime is a brilliant pairing ... Good couple. Jan you should not give me ideas you know how incorrigible I can be ... :twisted:

By the way, the idea I have is Vetinari with Rosie Palm when they are a lot younger .... But definitely NOT VIMES! He's Sybil's and that's that!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby bikkit » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:15 pm

I can't get these images out of my head

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Cheery » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:34 pm

WeeKelda wrote:I can't get these images out of my head

In my opinion those pictures are so utterly WRONG they don't even form in my head. My mind refuses :lol:
Cheery

Postby Lady Vetinari » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:07 pm

I absolutely agree Cheery ... I have a very stubborn mind! :lol: Personally while I like Vetinari's love life to remain a mystery in the novels I still can't resist playing with him in fanfiction... :twisted: ! Maybe people get the idea of homosexuality from Colour of Magic where it is mentioned that the Wizards seldom leave the walls so due to propinquity they are gay - One of the reasons Rincewind doesn't fit in as he is depressingly straight!... and it's vaguely hinted with Dwarf marriages ...
However - as I said my mind and Cheery's are of one it seems!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby bikkit » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:16 am

I must have a sick mind

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:37 am

(((Wee Kelda))) NO you haven't - at worst it's curious and at best you have a vivid imagination which is never a bad thing to have. :wink:

'Sick' needn't be bad either - it's always interesting for other people who don't have the energy or talent to be unusual! :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:08 pm

I remember many, many references to the wizards seeing a woman, i.e. Cutwell, who kept thinking "Aargh, I won't be any good for magic for days/weeks now" just from seeing Princess Keli.

I am just not comfortable with "changing the attractions" from the authors original intent. In Pyramids Teppic had one "particularly Fey" tutor who brought up some ideas for which Teppic promptly hit him on the head with a hatstand. Not anti-gay, just have way too much imagination for my own good.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Coin's father in Sourcery also was married and had children.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum