Hogswatch

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tristan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:53 pm

MERRY HOGSWATCH!

Thank you for the great presents, Hogfather! And have a nice day, drink a nice cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the rain/sun/snow you see outside!

And thank you, Beth and Tony, for the idea and for the organizations. This was simply amazing, the fantastic ambiance (as the French would say) in the forum, the wait for the presents and finally, the day we were allowed to open it.

This is a great forum with fantastic people here! :wink: I'm happy I took part in this Hogswatch-present-exchange. And Tony, what do you think about Valentine's Day present exchange? And for Easter? :lol: We should do this more often!
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:37 am

I couldn't let Hogswatch pass without a video, so here are 5 hogswatch prezzie recipients having a snowball fight. :lol:

Beth, Tony, Tristan, Jan & Tina

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/WvdXpcWTNdO8tSVl
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 pm

Ouch! That hurt!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:26 pm

I always wanted to do that to a carrot :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - makes a change to be a little Hogswatch elf :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jason » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Inspired work there Pooh.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:13 pm

So there`s this bird called Mary, yeah?

She`s a virgin ("Wossat then?") She`s not married or nuffink, but she`s got this boyfriend, Joe, innit? He does joinery an` that. Mary lives with him in a crib dahn Nazaref.

One day Mary meets this bloke Gabriel. She`s like `Oo ya lookin at?` Gabriel just goes `You got one up the duff, you have.` Mary`s totally gobsmacked. She gives it to him large `Stop dissin` me yeah? I ain`t no Kappa-slapper. I never bin wiv no one!`

So Mary goes and sees her cousin Liz, who`s six months gone herself. Liz is largin` it. She`s filled with spirits, Bacardi Breezers an` that. She`s like `Orright, Mary, I can feel me bay-bee in me tummy and I reckon I`m well blessed. Think of all the extra benefits an` that we are gonna get.` Mary goes `Yeah, s`pose you`re right`.

Mary an` Joe ain`t got no money so they have to ponse a donkey, an` go dahn Befflehem on that. They get to this pub an` Mary wants to stop, yeah? To have her bay-bee an` that. But there ain`t no room at the inn, innit?

So Mary an` Joe break an` enter into this garridge, only it`s filled wiv animals. Cahs an` sheep an` that.

Then these three geezers turn up, looking proper bling, wiv crowns on their `eds. They`re like `Respect, bay-bee Jesus`, an` say they`re wise men from the East End. Joe goes: `If you`re so wise, wotchoo doin` wiv this Frankenstein an` myrrh? Why dincha just bring gold, Adidas and Burberry?`

It`s all about to kick off when Gabriel turns up again an` sez he`s got another message from this Lord geezer. He`s like `The police is comin an` they`re killin all the bay-bees. You better nash off to Egypt.` Joe goes `You must be monged if you think I`m goin` dahn Egypt on a minging donkey` Gabriel sez `Suit yerself, pal. But it`s your look out if you stay.`

So they go dahn Egypt till they`ve stopped killin the first-born an` it`s safe an` that.

Then Joe and Mary and Jesus go back to Nazaref, an` Jesus turns water into Stella.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tristan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Beth, why are you wearing sunglasses during a snowfight? :lol:

Great vid! And Jan, you shouldn't have thrown the snowball that hard. My nose still hurts! :P

Poohcarrot, you are in the video, too, aren't you? :twisted: In the very beginning!
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby chris.ph » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:28 pm

i like the chav version of the nativety bouncy :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:35 pm

Bouncy that is funny. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:58 pm

Innit?
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby janet » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Very funny Bouncy :lol:
Began Hogwatch yesterday by getting Hogfather DVD (Asda £5).
Looking forward to this Hogswatch more than for 20 years or so.
Hog out everyone and have a good'un :P
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Janet have you checked out the photo's from this years Hogwatch in Wincanton. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum