Let's say we do it something like this:
1. Anyone interested in taking part will list their name here.
2. Each person on the list will PM their delivery address to a coordinator.
3. The coordinator will then contact each person and tell them who they'll be sending a gift to and supply them with the address.
4. Each person then goes out and buys (or makes) a gift for the person they have been allocated.
5. They then make sure that the gift is sent off in plenty of time (particularly important for those of us overseas) to get there by Hogswatch.
6. All gifts are then put to one side (
) and you are NOT ALLOWED to open them until Hogswatch.
7. Once you have opened them, you post on the board to say what you got.
A few questions -
1. Do we want this to be done as a sort of Secret Santa? In other words you don't actually know who sent you the gift (although you'll probably be able to guess).
2. I know some people can afford a lot more than others, therefore having a cap on how much we can spend might be a good idea - say around £5 or equivalent?
3. Because of the cost of postage, some people might prefer to only send a gift to someone else in the same country. Do you think this is a good idea?
4. Should this be an open on Christmas Day event - or open on Hogswatch Day (I'll have to check when that is this year)?
5. Who is going to run it?
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!