See what I got published on Wednesday

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:59 pm

I've read half of that but my eyes have just refused to take in any more - it's insane, immoral, inhumane and downright idiotic that a nation founded on the concept of freedom and 'pursuit of happiness' - yeah right, so long as you can afford that - can be so paranoid and gullible about something that surely is in everyone's best interests and will improve the lifestyle of just about everybody. Now my fingers are refusing to type - it's just completely and utterly bonkers... :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:42 pm

Responding to Tony's post with the link. :shock: :shock: I am ashamed to be an american citizen. I see that we are truly going to hell in a handbasket and it is right here on earth. Wow, Kill Sarah Palin's Baby? Come On!

I did enjoy that extremely uninformed jerk stating that Stephen Hawking would not be here if he was a British Citizen. With a polite cough, he stated that he is British and would not be here if not for the NHS.

What is it about knee jerk reactionaries? The entire comment page of Sharlene's article was an argument between I think 5 different people who did not like what #5 "Jim" had to say and had to get their two cents in.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:23 am

Stephen Hawking has only got himself to blame - he should have changed his voice synthesizer for cockney or Liverpudlian or something. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Trish » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Responding to Tony's post with the link. :shock: :shock: I am ashamed to be an american citizen.

..."Jim" had to say and had to get their two cents in.

Yep to the first.

Given how little 2 cents is worth now, those comments, collectively, are probably worth minus-25 cents.
Trish

Postby Dotsie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:18 pm

It made me feel so sad :( I'll never take free health care for granted again.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum