Discworld dreamns :s :)

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Discworld dreamns :s :)

Postby nattheweirdo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:04 am

The other night i had a really strange Discworld related dream.... I went out a bought a new TP book...it had a cover like nightwatch. I read the first few pages and for some reason it was Sam cheating on Sybil D: i told my friend (Discworld obsessive) and we burned the book... :s lol and that same night my friend (the one from my dream) had a dream she was being stalked around Ankh-Morpork by mr Pump..who when she confronted him turned into our elderly Physics teacher :S :lol:

anyone else had strange Discworld related dreams?

X Nat
Samuel Vimes is awesome - Simple as :)
~
Vetinari: Did you really just punch the head of
the assassins guild?
Vimes: Yessir
Vetinari: Why?
Vimes: Didn't have a dagger sir.
nattheweirdo

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 am

:lol:

I had one where I was at a Discworld event where Terry was supposed to be present, but the guy claiming to be him was clearly an imposter. The only problem was that I was the only person who could see this and no one else would believe me. :shock:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby nattheweirdo » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:59 am

:lol:
Samuel Vimes is awesome - Simple as :)
~
Vetinari: Did you really just punch the head of
the assassins guild?
Vimes: Yessir
Vetinari: Why?
Vimes: Didn't have a dagger sir.
nattheweirdo

Postby bikkit » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:58 pm

I dreamed that everyone I talked to turned into a luggage and then a giant, inflatable Vetinari fell out od the blue and landed on me. :? :shock:

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby poohbcarrot » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:38 pm

I can't say I've ever had a DW dream. My dreams recently usually involve day-glo paint and scantily clad women :lol: .
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:58 pm

Whereas Tina dreams about spanking... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:09 pm

and jan dreams of chocolate :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby poohbcarrot » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 pm

And Chris dreams about lager. :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby chris.ph » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:42 pm

only on fridays pooh and maybe a saturday :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Cheery » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:36 pm

I recently had a dream involving both Vimes and Doctor Who. I don't know how it went anymore, but I remember it being very, very strange... :?
Cheery

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Tonyblack wrote::lol:

I had one where I was at a Discworld event where Terry was supposed to be present, but the guy claiming to be him was clearly an imposter. The only problem was that I was the only person who could see this and no one else would believe me. :shock:

Was there Twilight Zone music? Was there a nasty little gremlin eating the Real Terry?
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Whereas Tina dreams about spanking... :twisted:

nah, I think I am past that stage now. I was beaten too much as a child and that was all really just to be funny and turned into something icky. I shall stick to shaking a metaphorical finger.

My real dreams are usually the type where I am playing in the band and there are flying rattle snakes and tornadoes coming towards me or some evil little Chucky doll chasing me from room to room. The kind where I wake up covered in sweat every 45 minutes and wind up in the same blasted dream in a different room with no way to protect meself.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Isn't it odd when you have a dream like that? You wake up and you know it was just a dream, but it's still scary. :shock:

Oh I remember anothe DW dream I had recently and it was so real at the time that I woke up and made notes as I knew I'd forget it.

In the dream I was looking at IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) and I came across someone who had been an extra in a Discworld movie. He'd started his own entry on IMDB as an extra - which seemed really odd in itself.

His name was Milton Freeman III and he'd signed a waiver with the film makers that they could use his house as a set in the movie. What he didn't realise was that the waiver gave them the rights do do with it what they wanted - and they demolished it. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby cols » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:24 pm

I don't think I've had a DW dream, most of my dreams run like graphic horrors stories I've always had gorey dreams or the others are the ones where you think you wake up and you're totally paralysed and there's something on you or coming toward you and you can't even speak ...I hate them ..
Hmm no wonder I have insomnia
cols

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:20 pm

I didn't had any DW dreams. I have a lot of dreams where I'm in some sort of war. One time I was a British soldier in WW1 and I made some Germans prisoner and one time I was the commander of a Medieval army 8) but just for the battle I woke up :?
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Next

Return to The Broken Drum