General Travel Photos

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Beth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:27 am

The wombat was so HEAVY. But snuggly. Significant claws but very docile and sleepy.
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby keith_art » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 am

keith_art wrote:
Beth wrote:Keith. :shock: I think you can count me out on the cabbage rolls. *points* AXE MURDERER

But..... :wink: :wink: ... :wink: I can do vege :wink: :wink: tarian rolls. :wink: .... :wink: As long as the :wink: medication holds. :wink: :wink: :wink:

And as long as I have a good supply of fresh vegetarians *Bruhaha haha hahahaha!*
and a hard boiled egg!

See my Art & Videos at http://bit.ly/affections
keith_art

Postby Beth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:38 am

Ooh I would make a DELICIOUS cabbage roll. *waggles eyebrows*
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby keith_art » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:54 am

Beth wrote:Ooh I would make a DELICIOUS cabbage roll. *waggles eyebrows*

*starts collecting cabbage leaves* But what spices to use? :idea: How about Bhang Cabbage Rolls :roll:
and a hard boiled egg!

keith_art

Postby Beth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:05 am

NO PLEASE. Look, I drank bhang lassis at the last Basant celebration. Everyone said, just drink one as it takes some hours for them to kick in. Okay fine, I had one. They are so tiny and served in cute little earthenware cups with rose petals floating in them. So I had one....nothing. So I had another...nothing. I started a third and some...instinctive self preservation instinct kicked in and I abandoned it midway through. Hours went by. I was talking to my friends and I swear suddenly my head unscrewed and floated away. It did not feel like powdered marijuana it felt like lsd or something. I hated it and could do nothing about it. My friend Muna was laughing hysterically at me because I could NOT make a sentence. I could not put more than two or three words together that made sense. If I can't talk...that's saying something. "Beth...I've never seen you like this." And mind you she's seen me DRUUNNNK. Never again. Never again. I did not recover until the next morning. Here is the photo album of that day. You can tell when the brain switches off. For those of you that don't know what bhang is, it is a preparation made with the leaves and flowes of marijuana plants. It is often mixed with sugar, milk and rose essence to make thandai or bhang lassis. Thandai is served at spring festivals and many other occasions. It's most popular at Holi and at that time government stalls open and sell it. There are several strengths with joke names the strongest being "24 hour no toilet no shower". They are NOT kidding.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=62758&id=637429032&l=9e9dc4740e
Beth

Postby keith_art » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:33 am

OK. No Bhang - but tell me, is this a vegetarian cabbage roll - or not?

and a hard boiled egg!

keith_art

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:38 am

Beth wrote: I was talking to my friends and I swear suddenly my head unscrewed and floated away. It did not feel like powdered marijuana it felt like lsd or something. I could NOT make a sentence. I could not put more than two or three words together that made sense. I did not recover until the next morning.

Um...yeah, so what's the problem? :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Beth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 am

*falls over laughing* Yeah that's me alright. Can you please remove the spike from my midsection.
Last edited by Beth on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beth

Postby Beth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:53 am

poohb....I don't LIKE it. :D
Beth

Postby keith_art » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:02 pm

keith_art wrote:OK. No Bhang - but tell me, is this a vegetarian cabbage roll - or not?

There you go, is that better? I had left it in so that you wouldnt unravel. :wink:
and a hard boiled egg!

keith_art

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:04 pm

chacun à son goût :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Beth » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Well there's a vegetarian in it but it's certainly a vegetarian made of flesh.
Beth

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:51 pm

I took THESE PHOTOS when I went on a walking trip to Slovenia in 2002. The photos aren't great as my 35mm camera broke and I used disposable cameras. Also I've scanned these, so again they aren't great. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby keith_art » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:58 am

Tonyblack wrote:I took THESE PHOTOS when I went on a walking trip to Slovenia in 2002. The photos aren't great as my 35mm camera broke and I used disposable cameras. Also I've scanned these, so again they aren't great. :)

I've always found its nigh on impossible to convey the breathtaking nature of lanscapes with a photograph. The awesome scale cannot be appreciated when reduced to an image that is smaller than you are! So, photo quality aside, these vistas must be absolutely gob-smacking when you're actually standing there.
and a hard boiled egg!

keith_art

Postby Beth » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:03 am

Gorgeous Tony especially the waterfalls. The climbs look a bit steep for me but lovely.
Beth

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum