General Travel Photos

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Beth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:19 am

Keith. :shock: I think you can count me out on the cabbage rolls. *points* AXE MURDERER
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Beth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:31 am

MattK, nice photos! I want to go to Venice too.
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Beth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:39 am

Beth

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:17 am

How come you're always staying in dead flashy villas? :lol:

Those full moon parties on Koh Phagnan are pretty wild, especially after the "omelettes". :?

(more hedonism I'm afraid!)
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Beth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:40 am

Well let's see. There were three of us in Samui when we took the villa. That gorgeous villa was 200 US a night. It slept six with three huge bedrooms with full baths en-suite. Huge living and dining areas and kitchen, landscaped grounds, gym, private pool and came with a jeep. It would have cost us more than that to take two separate rooms and rent a car. You choose. :) If we can stay someplace nice then we do but as in Goa we are not averse to staying in simple places. That place in Goa is lovely and run by great people but it's only 3000 rupees a night. Yes you can stay in a treehouse for 100 rupees a night but I am not doing that.

Oh and I am completely off the full moon parties after the last one. Too many drunk college frat boys and vomiting and stinking toilets. Ugh. We've started on the black moon parties. More funny hippies less assholes.

Here's one for you...Tokyo.

Beth

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:41 am

Very nice pics. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby keith_art » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:36 am

Beth wrote:Keith. :shock: I think you can count me out on the cabbage rolls. *points* AXE MURDERER

But..... :wink: :wink: ... :wink: I can do vege :wink: :wink: tarian rolls. :wink: .... :wink: As long as the :wink: medication holds. :wink: :wink: :wink:
and a hard boiled egg!

See my Art & Videos at http://bit.ly/affections
keith_art

Postby Beth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:53 am

Okay count me in then. *psst they are great with quorn mince* Anyway, I'm bringing my axe detector!
Beth

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:08 am

Dat's Asaksa. I bin dere! :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Beth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:29 am

Thought you might have. I loved Tokyo but too bloody expensive! :shock:
Beth

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Beth wrote:Thought you might have. I loved Tokyo but too bloody expensive! :shock:

Probably coz you stayed in a villa!
You should have tried one of the treehouses. :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Beth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:24 pm

LOL! No villa in Tokyo, just some hotel. Imagine a treehouse in Tokyo? Would cost a zillion dollars a night. Even the capsule hotels are expensive.
Beth

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:43 pm

The love hotels are cheap after 10 pm. :wink:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Beth » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:16 pm

Right!? And so very theme oriented!
Beth

Postby Catch-up » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:43 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Oh! good photo's but I have never had an inkling to go to Disneyworld/land not even in France.

Thanks! :D I wouldn't go to Disney World if I were in France either. :lol: Maybe if we were there for a very long trip.

Beth, great photos once again! Love the one of you holding a wombat. I want to hold a wombat! I'll have to show the girls that one. They have a great book called Diary of a Wombat.
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum