General Travel Photos

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:05 pm

A couple of years ago a friend of mine asked me to house/dog sit for her on the island of Yell in Shetland.

It was an incredibly beautiful place and absolutely breathtaking.

HERE are the photos I took. :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tiffany » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:15 pm

That GSD is a lovely dog, Tony.
I'll go & look at the other pics on this thread now.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Beth » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Ooh how lovely this thread is taking off. I'm going to look at everyone's photos tomorrow. I'm too tired to look now. :)
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Tiffany » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:23 pm

You have all certainly been to a lot of beautiful places all over the World. I have never been abroad, I can't get on a plane.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:29 pm

HERE are a few photos taken on the Navajo Reservation - mostly Monument Valley and Canyon de Chelly. :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tiffany » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Is that you on the horse Tony? :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 pm

Tiffany wrote:Is that you on the horse Tony? :D

:lol: Hehe - no that's a Navajo. The photo is taken at a place called Ford's Point after the film maker John Ford who made a lot of his Westerns in Monument Valley. One of the hotels pays a Navajo to sit on the horse and all the tourists at the hotel pay a Dollar to have their photo taken with him. I had a telephoot lens, so it didn't cost me anything. :wink:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tiffany » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Telephoto lens, very good, Tony. :lol: :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby MattK » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:43 pm

I love the southwest U.S. Have you ever been to Chaco Canyon, Tony? I was in Santa Fe a few times, but I never made it to the western part of the state. That would have been too long of a drive, especially with driving back home to northern Colorado. :)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life. [The Last Continent]
MattK

Postby Tiffany » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Tiffany wrote:Telephoto lens, very good, Tony. :lol: :lol:

I'd not care about the Indian, I'd have wanted to sit on his horse, though seeing as how close to the edge they were, on second thoughts, perhaps not. :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:44 pm

Whoops! I quoted instead of editing & didn't notice.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh! Well!
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Dotsie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Tonyblack wrote:A couple of years ago a friend of mine asked me to house/dog sit for her on the island of Yell in Shetland.

Tony that looks so peaceful *sigh contentedly smilie*
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby MattK » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:A couple of years ago a friend of mine asked me to house/dog sit for her on the island of Yell in Shetland.

Aside from the images that pop into my mind of a very loud populace (the island is really called Yell?), I agree.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life. [The Last Continent]
MattK

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:56 pm

MattK wrote:
Dotsie wrote:

Aside from the images that pop into my mind of a very loud populace (the island is really called Yell?), I agree.
It really is! It's an amazing place.
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:27 pm

ive got loads of photos of me in the antarctic but i will have to get them scanned first b4 i show you lot :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum