Guardian Pick The Score

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Guardian Pick The Score

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:47 pm

This is my third year of playing the "Guardian Pick The Score" football prediction game. Last year I finished 14th out of about 10,000 people. The year before I didn't even make the top 1,000. After 3 rounds I'm lying in a respectable 424th place. But look at the person on the top of this partial list.

Lord Vetinari

Is it anyone we know?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby MattK » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:16 am

Of course, it's someone we know. It's Lord Vetinari. Would you expect him to be anywhere else but on top? (Not that, get your mind out of the gutter!)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life. [The Last Continent]
MattK

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:55 am

My apologies for not explaining myself properly. I couldn't copy the whole list.
He isn't top, he's joint 28th with 30 points.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Batty » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:16 pm

I don't suppose we know Lord Vetinari, pooh, but, much to our relief - Lord Vetinari doesn't know us! :D
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:24 pm

it obviously sets him up well for predicting the scores of the footie games in unseen acedemicals then :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Cheery » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Batty wrote:I don't suppose we know Lord Vetinari, pooh, but, much to our relief - Lord Vetinari doesn't know us! :D

Oh, I wouldn't want Commander Vimes to find out why his Captain and Sergeant haven't been on duty...

HE'D GO SPARE!
Cheery

Return to The Broken Drum