Perhaps a little unusual...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Perhaps a little unusual...

Postby Carrot76 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:29 am

Hi All,

Just this week I finally plucked up the courage to get my 1st Tattoo (I'm 32, its taken a long time to pluck!).

I've always know I wanted one, but never been certain what I'd want and since your branding yourself for life it had to be the right thing.

Over a year ago, I decided that that the right thing was the Disc; A'tuin and the disc to be precise.

Please see the image at http://www.ratemyink.com/?action=ssp&pid=92947 and let me know what you think - Not sure its complete yet, may want to add a little to it (stars and nebulai perhaps).

Since this is more an emalgamation of versions of A'tuin I don't believe that there is any copyright issues, I think I owe something for the honour of wearing this image and so I shall be making a donation to the Alzheimer's Research Trust. I think its what Terry would want.
They can't stop us, we're on a mission from Glod!
Carrot76

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Tattooing really is an artform so it looks like you chose to go to good 'un :D

I don't think copyright comes into for you as such - maybe to the tattooist and then that would be passed on to you in the price (I think). But the donation to the Alzheimers charity is always a good idea :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Good 'un Carrot! :P
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:55 pm

I think it looks really good! :D

As to copyright - Terry Pratchett didn't invent the idea of a world carried through space on a turtle and elephants. It's an idea he used himself from a much older source. :wink:

It's actually a Hindu myth.

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:04 pm

So next time you're buying your chicken madras with keema nan and onion barjee, make sure you leave a big tip. :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby chris.ph » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:58 pm

nicely done tattoo carrot76 dont have to much more added to it as you will lose some of the detail :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:36 pm

It's a good tattoo - and I don't normally like tats!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Batty, you should get a few smiley tatts. :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Batty » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Someone I know (who is really into tats), suggested I could get a small unique tattoo.
I did suggest that the only one I would ever consider is: 'This Way Up' and the appropriate arrow pointing upwards, but I can't stomach the idea of having a tat when I'm old and wrinkly!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby AgnesOgg » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:31 am

Beautiful!!! :D
no, it`s a hippopotamus!
AgnesOgg

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:04 am

I'm not really into tattoo's (don't like them normally) but yours does look beautiful :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Beth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:23 am

It looks good. I don't think Terry would care since you aren't making a profit. As has been said the concept is not Terry's originally but what you've depicted is certainly Terry's adaptation. Since it's Hindu and I live in India why don't you send me a bunch of money and I'll...*cough*..drop it off with some Sadhu. LOL Just my joke. Anyway, I didn't get my first tattoo until I was 32 as well!
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Carrot76 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:22 pm

Thank you all for your kind responces.

Anyone have any suggestions of what I should do with it next?
I feel a little extra is required, but as previously advised, not much other wise it may take away from the detail.

thanks.

[/img]
They can't stop us, we're on a mission from Glod!
Carrot76

Postby Beth » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:25 am

You couldn't do better in my opinion than having some night sky and clouds done.
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:04 am

You could have some fancy writing saying, "...on a mission from Glod".

Or you could have a sign saying, "Hagars Barbecue Ribs House".

Or a little Rincewind falling off. :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Next

Return to The Broken Drum