Slow News Day or Insane People

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Slow News Day or Insane People

Postby Trish » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:54 pm

We all know just how boring Ohio is and the depths to which newspeople here will sink to fill space.

This story's from West Virginia (West-by-Gawd-Verginny), only 10 miles from me.

http://wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=65145
Trish

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:11 pm

Is that why Ohio lost a Worldcon bid a few years ago because no-one would want to go. :wink:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Erm... who's wearing the toilet paper? It's late and I'm tired but one minute it says it's the suspect but then it seems to be saying it's the victim? :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:43 pm

As the old adage goes the worm turned and the victim turned round and started chasing the attacker.
Then it started to rain and the evidence was flushed away. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:57 pm

I once saw an article where a jerk was trying to siphon gasoline out of an RV. The owner came out of the house with his gun, after calling 911, to find the miscreant rolling on the ground, puking his guts out.

He had inadvertantly put the hose into the "honey tank" instead of the gas tank. When the cops showed up the owner was laughing his arse off. He actually declined to press charges as he felt the jerk had learned his lesson. After a trip to the hospital, he got better... but had to put up with the whole town knowing who he was and what idiocy he had perpetrated. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I loved that story.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:07 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Erm... who's wearing the toilet paper? It's late and I'm tired but one minute it says it's the suspect but then it seems to be saying it's the victim? :roll:

The Attacker was trying to disguise himself with toilet paper.

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:14 am

”The victim says he's had enough and begins chasing the suspects who runs behind a parking lot and over a hillside where feral cats reside. The man broke his leg in two places and because of medical conditions can not be housed in the Northern Regional Jail.”

I got completely lost with this story.

Feral cats - what like cougars and leopards etc? How did he break his leg in two places? Did the cats break his leg? What's his medical condition?
I was also lost as to who was wearing the toilet paper - the headline doesn't help.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:49 am

Goes to show, you don't have to be bright to be a reporter...

Postby Cheery » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:12 am

Toilet paper... :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know, I'd go for a sock. You lose toilet paper far too fast. :lol:
Cheery

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:40 am

Yippee! I posted a comment under the story! :lol:

And I voted no in the following poll along with 61% other people. It seems a pretty lame excuse!

"Do You Think It's The Media's Fault That Chief Chad Dojack Can't Do His Job?"
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:04 am

And they spelled Weird Town wrong. :roll: :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:10 am

:lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Trish » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:20 am

poohbcarrot wrote:I got completely lost with this story.

Feral cats - what like cougars and leopards etc? How did he break his leg in two places? Did the cats break his leg? What's his medical condition?

You got completely lost with this story? I thought that was the reporter...

Weirton has a huge population of feral cats. People move and leave their pets to fend for themselves.
Or they can't afford to feed them and they're left to fend for themselves.

The place it happened is a gambling Whatzit --slot machines and such that used to be a Dairy Queen.
Behind it is a pretty steep hill, lots of undergrowth and tree trunks. Not many trees left, people cutt them for their woodburners, but enough trees to break the fellow's fall (onto the old rr tracks) and his leg.

Medical condition? Surely, you jest, pooh.
This section of the Ohio Valley is known as 'Death Valley' to the doctors and nurses in the Pittsburgh hospitals.

Tina-- I just love the syphoning story. My truck's been syphoned once, but its gas door broken open 3 times.
Don't I wish...
Trish

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:24 pm

Trish wrote:Medical condition? Surely, you jest, pooh.
This section of the Ohio Valley is known as 'Death Valley' to the doctors and nurses in the Pittsburgh hospitals.

I honestly jest not!

You could be talking about that pollution you mentioned before with Martin Sheen, but I don't see how that could make someone so ill they couldn't go to jail.

Is it AIDS? Why can't someone go to jail if they have AIDS?

Or is it ebola (but I doubt that)?

I honestly know more about Jupiter than I do about Pittsburgh. It's got three moons, 2 of which are called Ios and Gannymede (possibly). It's the 5th planet from the sun and the biggest. It got hit by the Levy-Schumaker astroid a few years back.

The only thing I know about Pittsburgh is they have an American football team. I know of know song that mentions Pittsburgh, or any movie shot there, or any famous person from there.
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Trish » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Simpler than that.

The doctors who practice in any of the 5 local (within 35 miles) hospitals SUCK.
These are the guys who graduated 199 out of their med school class of 201 or have been barred in another state.

http://www.dpsinfo.com/pghflicks/
Scroll down to "Local Kids who Made Good."
Don't forget Andy Warhol. He did okay for himself.

pooh, just because you do not know about something, does not mean it isn't.
Trish

Next

Return to The Broken Drum