You didn't hear this from me - right?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Batty wrote:
Trish wrote:
poohbcarrot wrote:Bet it was front page news in Ohio, and they probably had to relegate their main story "Dog Escapes", to page 2. :lol:

Y'know, they never found the damn dog ........;0)

Don't tell me - The police never had any leads ... Image
Boom boom! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:12 pm

Don't tell me - The police never had any leads ... >

Did their dogs go missing as well.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Don't tell me - The police never had any leads ... >

Did their dogs go missing as well.Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
On lofty Beysitoun the lingering sun looks down on ceaseless labors, long begun.
Sjoerd3000

Postby chris.ph » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:43 pm

dont encourage him :lol: sjoerd
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:55 pm

chris.ph wrote:dont encourage him :lol: sjoerd

Sorry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On lofty Beysitoun the lingering sun looks down on ceaseless labors, long begun.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:10 am

Batty wrote:
Trish wrote:
poohbcarrot wrote:Bet it was front page news in Ohio, and they probably had to relegate their main story "Dog Escapes", to page 2. :lol:

Y'know, they never found the damn dog ........;0)

Don't tell me - The police never had any leads ... Image

Batty that joke is really ruff :roll:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:50 am

Maybe it's because I'm barking ... Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Batty » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:00 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:I'm surprised there aren't already speed cameras on the M4.

The UK has the most CCTV cameras of and country in the world. There is one CCTV camera for every 14 people in the UK.

I peronally find that absolutely repulsive! :x

If the cameras are 'SPECS', which calculate a car's average speed over a long distance, then drivers can avoid being caught by simply changing lanes.
SPECS measure a driver's average speed between two fixed points - which can be miles apart, and were designed to thwart driver's who slow down in front of a camera and then drive above the limit until the next camera is reached.
SPECS cameras are only approved to be used one lane at a time, which means that a 3-lane motorway would require three seperate sets of cameras - one for each lane. If drivers leave the speed camera zone via a different lane to the one they entered in, they cannot be prosecuted.
This doesn't apply to the GATSO cameras that individually flash a car as it passes though.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:40 pm

i really hope thats true as i will try it :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby poohbcarrot » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 pm

So if you're cruising down the M4 and a driver flies past you, swerving from lane to lane like a crazy man, it's Chris! :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:46 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:36 am

poohbcarrot wrote:So if you're cruising down the M4 and a driver flies past you, swerving from lane to lane like a crazy man, it's Chris! :lol:
When stopped by the police he stated that he was trying to prove something he had read by someone named Batty. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 am

You can also stop when you passed the first camera and then read the newspaper or a Terry Pratchett novel after 15 minutes or so you can set of again at great speed and the average speed will still be low :wink:
(This only works when your not in a hurry :wink: )
Sjoerd3000

Postby Batty » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:42 pm

I can just imagine Chris trying to explain to an officer that he was told by 'Batty' that he could speed without being caught! The Police would probably ask him what meds he was taking...

More info:
The SPEC cameras are produced by Camberley-based Speed Check Services. The company's technical director Graeme Southwood stated that the configurations of the camera would not pick up a speeding vehicle if it's gone from one to lane three between cameras. The devices were approved by the Home Office in 1999 and passed strict safety tests for use in one lane at a time. But there was not enough time or finances to extend Home Office approval tests to cover the cameras' use over two or three lanes at a time. This has created the loop-hole, although the loop-hole is not fool-proof and some people who attempt to use it will still face a fine.

The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police, was reported to say: 'Motorists are strongly advised not to seek to evade detection by unnecessarily changing lanes as this would generate a greater risk of collision and may lead to other offences being committed. It is irresponsible for motorists to deliberately seek to evade detection and speed.'
So there!
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:07 pm

that means i will have to go from the outside lane to the middle lane in the space of a mile thats not very dangerous even with my driving :D
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum