33%
Never
13%
Occasionally
46%

Total votes : 24

So How Often Do You Drink Then?

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:16 pm

While 99% of men in Japan drink everyday, I only drink on a Friday and Saturday nights.

How often do you drink?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:20 pm

I've clicked 'never' although that's not strictly true. But I'd say that a couple of wine or less a year is not really drinking at all.

I've been a heavy drinker in the past and a heavy smoker and it just don't see the appeal these days. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chuckie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:39 pm

Normally have 3-4 pints sunday afternoon, but sometimes have a bottle of beer friday and/or saterday night so have voted for 1-2 days.
chuckie

Postby raspberry » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:43 pm

I used to drink every day, especially during the student years. I must admit I loved it at the time- well the bits I can remember.
Nowadays I drink maybe once a fortnight, and actually manage to stop before the booze runs out!

I don't ever drink on a school night because I wouldn't feel comfortable doing my job if I was even a bit hungover. (I work with children who have a rough enough time at home without having to see the horror of a hungover Raspberry at school!)

Having said all that, I'm going out for cocktails this Friday and can't wait.
:)
… I read him his rites, whereupon, he said up, yours copper. Sgnt Detritus then, cautioned him, upon which he said, ouch…
raspberry

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:46 pm

raspberry wrote:I don't ever drink on a school night because I wouldn't feel comfortable doing my job if I was even a bit hungover.

Exactly! :P
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm sure I drink more often than I should. It's usually only one, so I don't get a hangover, but still :oops:

It's not every day. That's all I'm saying.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Pooh I think you need an 'Occasionally' option on your poll. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:10 pm

Can you put one on then Tony, coz you have the magic buttons and I don't. :D
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:15 pm

Done. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 pm

I only ever used to drink at the weekend, because I wouldn't drink during a working week, and alcohol makes me fall asleep, so I could never drink much of it anyway.

However ... my Doctor advised me to drink one glass of red wine a day to lower my cholesterol, and so now I drink every day.
I do only drink the one glass though, and only 2 glasses on Sunday with my meal, so I still consider myself to be a moderate drinker. Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm a student but I don't drink everyday :) There is a very nice Pub next to the University so I go there a few days a week but I don't drink more than 2 or 3 beers there. When I go out I drink a bit more than that :wink:
Last edited by Sjoerd3000 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Just wanted to mention that I don't use or ever have used drugs in spite of being Dutch :)
Sjoerd3000

Postby Trish » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Somewhere between Never and Occasionally.

I was married to a drunk, see, and that'll put you off real quick.
Before that, I worked in a bar which will also put you off booze.
Trish

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:45 pm

I have the very odd beer or a glass of wine if I go out - which is like 4 times a year if that.

We had to throw out a big pack of cheapo french lager yesterday in fact 'cos it had been festering in a cupboard for like 2 years - my housemate appears to think he has to buy these things 'cos they're cheap but I don't feel I have to drink it because it is (he doesn't drink at all much now and doesn't like lager anyway). Lord knows how his mind works 'cos I didn't go with him to Brittany and had said I didn't want anything at all brought back for me. Actually I think he's deaf as well as daft :evil:

I don't drink spirits hardly at all these days since I discovered fantasy roleplay Elves and could ditch the real-life mortal men :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:48 pm

I don't drink at all, because 1; I'm too young and 2; I can't stand the taste of alcohol. I'll probably grow into it but I'm not planning to get drunk of it. (Well... not on purpose)
Cheery

Next

Return to The Broken Drum