Unseen academicals launch - we need DW football teams!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Unseen academicals launch - we need DW football teams!

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:36 am

After some cunning planning!!!

We will be trying to get DW fan teams for the event - if Transworld have recognised how wonderful we are then we dont want to disappoint them so can I urge as many people as possible to please come along and support this event!

So we want a few 5 a side teams:

Suggestions:

Seamstress team - this is well on the way!

Renta
Periwinkle
Mabski

Wizards team - a must obviously with the book launch!!

Witches team?

Flatelists team?

Assassins Team - poison the opposition!!

Undead Team - Zombies, Werewolves, Vampires?? Wearing shades of course!!

Can people add names to the list if they are willing to be in the teams, we really do need to enter at least a Wizards and a Seamstress team to show the Transworld folks that the fandom is alive and kicking!!
Peace and be Wild!
Periwinkle

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 am

I'd be really tempted by this if I wasn't going to be in Tucson at the time.

To the rest of you - if you can possibly make it, even if it's to only watch, then I urge you to go. Discworld events are incredible - the people there are very friendly and Sir Terry is going to be there. :wink:

Here's a map of the location - marked (A) - it's very easy to get to. If you live in London and don't have transport there's a bus service run by Berrys Coaches that goes to the High Street in Wincanton. :D

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:26 pm

wrong shaped ball for me sorry periwinkle :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:48 pm

I live in the US and am too poor to travel, sorry. Although, I would prolly make a good Nanny Ogg, since I am very pear shaped and 48 years old with an attitude. :twisted: Oh and I have very purple hair now LOL!!
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 am

Psst! Tina - look at THIS
and THIS...

:lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Psst! Tina - look at THIS
and THIS...

:lol:

Pretty good, but, Not quite as purple as mine LOL they used a stripper to make it be more purple, I shall have some pictures soon, so YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! Actually this is almost exactly the color. My baby sister wants pictures so I am going to have a disposable camera and have my hubby take pics and have them put on a disc and with my "Two hamsters in a wheel" internet provider it should only take about a week to get them onto the internet LOL! :lol: :twisted:

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Did you know that if you want really PURPLE text you can just change the word 'indigo' to 'purple'? :wink:

Code: Select all
[b][color=purple][size=18]PURPLE[/size][/color][/b]
Last edited by Tonyblack on Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:57 pm

OH! I don't know how many of you have seen the Kathy Bates movie "Fried Green Tomatoes", but I actually had a pretty close Kathy Bates character moment in town the other day.

In my minivan, jammin' out to the latest AC/DC "Spoilin' for a Fight" apprpriately enough, I looked at something I noticed with peripheral vision and saw two teenage girls laughing their bums off at me. I just looked back forward and kept getting into my music.

A moment or two later I just looked over at them with my biggest, sweetest smile and sure enough the passenger tried to sneak another look at me... I smiled and waved, while thinking to myself, Someday you little snots, Someday, you are going to be old too. I made sure to have a good laugh about it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm

I love that movie! :D
Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Did you know that if you want really PURPLE text you can just change the word 'indigo' to 'purple'? :wink:

Tis called Paul Mitchell Purple but is really more like the Indigo text color. :lol:

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:52 am

I like blue purples more anyway :D

Tina - :D the dye was fading out in both of those, but lately I've been concentrating on growing 4" roots in case I needed to be assessed as 'sick' so I'm currently 'dark mouse' with dirty peroxide streaks :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:but lately I've been concentrating on growing 4" roots in case I needed to be assessed as 'sick' :lol:

I'll assess you if you want.

YOU'RE SICK!!

:twisted:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:07 pm

I would love to come but as I'm a student and living in the Netherlands I'm also to poor to travel :cry: I'm not very good at football but I have played as a goalkeeper(and not a very good one :wink: in spite of being tall and having big ears :) )
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:but lately I've been concentrating on growing 4" roots in case I needed to be assessed as 'sick' :lol:

I'll assess you if you want.

YOU'RE SICK!!

:twisted:

Naughty Pooh, Bad Pooh, Jan is going to have to Spank you and Spank you Well, then she can spank Chris.ph... :twisted:

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:I would love to come but as I'm a student and living in the Netherlands I'm also to poor to travel :cry: I'm not very good at football but I have played as a goalkeeper(and not a very good one :wink: in spite of being tall and having big ears :) )
I was useless at football at school and always got put in goals. I really don't understand the logic of that. Surely having someone who is good at football is a better choice for goal? Goalkeeper is a pretty important position on a football field - isn't it? :roll:
Tonyblack

Next

Return to The Broken Drum