Unseen academicals launch - we need DW football teams!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Unseen academicals launch - we need DW football teams!

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:36 am

After some cunning planning!!!

We will be trying to get DW fan teams for the event - if Transworld have recognised how wonderful we are then we dont want to disappoint them so can I urge as many people as possible to please come along and support this event!

So we want a few 5 a side teams:

Suggestions:

Seamstress team - this is well on the way!

Renta
Periwinkle
Mabski

Wizards team - a must obviously with the book launch!!

Witches team?

Flatelists team?

Assassins Team - poison the opposition!!

Undead Team - Zombies, Werewolves, Vampires?? Wearing shades of course!!

Can people add names to the list if they are willing to be in the teams, we really do need to enter at least a Wizards and a Seamstress team to show the Transworld folks that the fandom is alive and kicking!!
Peace and be Wild!
Periwinkle

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 am

I'd be really tempted by this if I wasn't going to be in Tucson at the time.

To the rest of you - if you can possibly make it, even if it's to only watch, then I urge you to go. Discworld events are incredible - the people there are very friendly and Sir Terry is going to be there. :wink:

Here's a map of the location - marked (A) - it's very easy to get to. If you live in London and don't have transport there's a bus service run by Berrys Coaches that goes to the High Street in Wincanton. :D

Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:26 pm

wrong shaped ball for me sorry periwinkle :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:48 pm

I live in the US and am too poor to travel, sorry. Although, I would prolly make a good Nanny Ogg, since I am very pear shaped and 48 years old with an attitude. :twisted: Oh and I have very purple hair now LOL!!
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 am

Psst! Tina - look at THIS
and THIS...

:lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:51 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Psst! Tina - look at THIS
and THIS...

:lol:

Pretty good, but, Not quite as purple as mine LOL they used a stripper to make it be more purple, I shall have some pictures soon, so YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! Actually this is almost exactly the color. My baby sister wants pictures so I am going to have a disposable camera and have my hubby take pics and have them put on a disc and with my "Two hamsters in a wheel" internet provider it should only take about a week to get them onto the internet LOL! :lol: :twisted:

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:56 pm

Did you know that if you want really PURPLE text you can just change the word 'indigo' to 'purple'? :wink:

Code: Select all
[b][color=purple][size=18]PURPLE[/size][/color][/b]
Last edited by Tonyblack on Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:57 pm

OH! I don't know how many of you have seen the Kathy Bates movie "Fried Green Tomatoes", but I actually had a pretty close Kathy Bates character moment in town the other day.

In my minivan, jammin' out to the latest AC/DC "Spoilin' for a Fight" apprpriately enough, I looked at something I noticed with peripheral vision and saw two teenage girls laughing their bums off at me. I just looked back forward and kept getting into my music.

A moment or two later I just looked over at them with my biggest, sweetest smile and sure enough the passenger tried to sneak another look at me... I smiled and waved, while thinking to myself, Someday you little snots, Someday, you are going to be old too. I made sure to have a good laugh about it. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm

I love that movie! :D
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Did you know that if you want really PURPLE text you can just change the word 'indigo' to 'purple'? :wink:

Tis called Paul Mitchell Purple but is really more like the Indigo text color. :lol:

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:52 am

I like blue purples more anyway :D

Tina - :D the dye was fading out in both of those, but lately I've been concentrating on growing 4" roots in case I needed to be assessed as 'sick' so I'm currently 'dark mouse' with dirty peroxide streaks :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:14 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:but lately I've been concentrating on growing 4" roots in case I needed to be assessed as 'sick' :lol:

I'll assess you if you want.

YOU'RE SICK!!

:twisted:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:07 pm

I would love to come but as I'm a student and living in the Netherlands I'm also to poor to travel :cry: I'm not very good at football but I have played as a goalkeeper(and not a very good one :wink: in spite of being tall and having big ears :) )
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:but lately I've been concentrating on growing 4" roots in case I needed to be assessed as 'sick' :lol:

I'll assess you if you want.

YOU'RE SICK!!

:twisted:

Naughty Pooh, Bad Pooh, Jan is going to have to Spank you and Spank you Well, then she can spank Chris.ph... :twisted:

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:I would love to come but as I'm a student and living in the Netherlands I'm also to poor to travel :cry: I'm not very good at football but I have played as a goalkeeper(and not a very good one :wink: in spite of being tall and having big ears :) )
I was useless at football at school and always got put in goals. I really don't understand the logic of that. Surely having someone who is good at football is a better choice for goal? Goalkeeper is a pretty important position on a football field - isn't it? :roll:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Broken Drum