Worldcon

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:55 pm

Good night folks, I'm falling asleep at the keyboard here , been up since 8am yesterday time difference from Canada kicking in. Image Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Good to have you back Dug - but go and sleep! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:15 pm

Welcome back, Dug. Sleep tight! Image Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:03 pm

So what happened at Worldcon? What did we miss? What was the best bit? Where's the report?

C'mon WWD tell us, tell us! :D
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:42 am

:lol: Let him get over his jetlag first. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:43 pm

redbull and expressos are in order , what happened then :?:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:24 pm

I had a good time, despite the french Canadians who I was warned they were more french than the french in France, it's not a city I would chose to go back to some of go out of their way to be awkward if you don't speak in french of which I only know a little.

I came out of the airport found the coach ticket booth asked if they went to the hotels paid $16 it went to two hotels on the then pulled into the bus station, the driver got off did not offer any advice when I asked the grumpy barsteward if it was going to the other hotels he grunted hrumph follow these two people on to a scruffy ramshackle little mini bus and he was expecting a tip he got buggerall.

I did enjoy the con though apart from signing session for Neil Gaiman which was poorly organised queue at ten o'clock for a ticket at five to ten they were all issed out they started handing them out 1 hour early, Monday morning more tickets issued for those who missed out 9am was there at 8.35 in the queue limited number to be given out they said after, stopped issuing them at the two women in front of me.
Dealers book room was a lot smaller due to the fact a lot of USA dealers did not attend due to the hassle of taking back stock through customs that was unsold.

Did meet up with some American friends I first met at the Japan Worldcon and there were some very intesting panels,the bid parties were good got back to the hotel at 4 o'clock on the Sat.morning and on the Sat night it was 2.am. Sunday night had to leave the parties early 1 am to queue for a non exsistent ticket next morning. But all said and done I did have a good time. Image

Now really looking forward to Discworldcon and one of my friends lives in Tempe.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:31 am

So you travelled all the way to Canada, to get insulted by French Canadians, and stood in a queue for hours to not get a chance to meet Neil Gaiman and there were hardly any books on sale, and you got drunk. :D

Next year if you want, you can come to Japan, I'll give you a bottle of sake to neck, and you can stand outside my house for hours while I hurl Monty Python-esque French knights insults at you, won't let you meet Neil Gaiman, and won't sell you any books. :lol:

Now really looking forward to the Discworldcon blog. :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Pooh that sounds great - I'll be there! :lol:

Can I wear costume?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Only if it's got rope attached so I can hang you from the ceiling. :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:36 pm

:shock:

If I wear day-glo paint can we forget about the rope?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Deal! 8)

Who don't you want to meet and which books don't you want to buy?
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:53 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:So you travelled all the way to Canada, to get insulted by French Canadians, and stood in a queue for hours to not get a chance to meet Neil Gaiman and there were hardly any books on sale, and you got drunk. :D

Next year if you want, you can come to Japan, I'll give you a bottle of sake to neck, and you can stand outside my house for hours while I hurl Monty Python-esque French knights insults at you, won't let you meet Neil Gaiman, and won't sell you any books. :lol:

Now really looking forward to the Discworldcon blog. :lol:
Too bloody hot to stand outside your house in Chiba,been there already you did not give me the right address, Image so I went back to Yokohama for an over priced beer.Image Image
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:56 pm

If you could actually arrange for Sir Terry not to be there, that would be amazing. And I especially don't want to buy signed first editions of Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, for bargain prices.

I know it's a tall order, but is there any chance of buying overpriced tasteless food that will leave me cross-eyed with stomach cramps?
Dotsie

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:01 pm

No probs. I'll get Mr Dotsie to send some prawn sarnies and pies over from Old Trafford, then. :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum