41%
neither
9%
Pah! Forget cats and dogs, parrots rule the world
3%

Total votes : 32

Cats vs dogs

Postby bikkit » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Are you a mad cat lady (or man) or a dog lover?

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:59 pm

What about 'both'?

I deleted the extra thread for you Kelda. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:03 pm

I like them both! :? Dogs are marginally better in that they really do love you for more than your skills with a tin opener but cats are far more entertaining in that they're horrible little egoists who make you love them for doing bugger all except maybe keeping the mice down (I live in the country) - but only if they feel like it :shock:

So I can't vote - sorry :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:07 pm

I've always found that cats are very sensitive to depression. My cat used to know when I was down and come and sit on my lap purring. It was about the only time she ever did. And Sharlene's cats are also very sensitive like that.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:34 pm

I like both but dogs a bit more :wink: at the moment we have a 12 weeks old puppy and before that we had a dog for 15 years. We never had cats so thats why I like dogs more.

As a postman I´ve been bitten by both :( (dog bites hurt more though)
Sjoerd3000

Postby Batty » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 pm

I love cats, but I am scared of dogs - depending on the breed of the dog!
My eldedest sister had a Newfoundland dog which I grew to love, and considering the size of him I considered myself to be very brave, but smaller dogs I am very nervous of.
I was chased by dogs at both Nursery and at Primary schools, and my earliest memory is being nipped by the family dog whilst I was still in the pram, so I do have reasons for my phobia.

Cats though, are magical creatures who delight in showing their superiority!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Cats Rule, drool, shed and are independent and inventive. We live in the boonies in farm country, if there weren't 20 or so outdoor cats we would be buried in vermin.

We have two neurotic cats that live indoors, one in the main part of the cabin and one in my bedroom, they hate each other but are also fascinated by each other. My husband built a "catwalk" for the one in the room so she runs out and acts goofy a lot.

Kittens are absolutely mad little creatures. They do look at you with the same crazy look as they do grass, other cats, dirt, food, and everything else, just as Terry says. It is hilarious to watch them, they have the attention span of a gnat and even tho some are evolving thumbs, they will never take over the world. There would be one or several cats ready to deploy the doomsday bomb and then "Oh, there's a butterfly, or a shiny, or a laser dot!" and that would be it.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:20 pm

Defiatley woofs meows are too demanding it's all me me me with them I have had a manx cat they own you more or less and can bugger of for days at a time and what cat will bring you the post in the morning or newspaper. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tiffany » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:46 pm

Both really, but given the choice of having either as a pet it would have to be a dog. :)
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Cheery » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:00 pm

I'm a cat person. I could never have a dog; they're smelly, loud, messy and you have to get up at five in the morning to go walkies.

And you can't tame cats. They act out of their own free will.
CATS RULE!! 8)

(and LOL Garfield)
Cheery

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:19 pm

:lol: Garfield's a Lasagne Monster not a cat!

Actually Tony's right - I've known lots of cats who do seem to have some affinity with people who aren't well. It MAY, I suspect, be to do with your not moving about too much and perhaps needing to be in a warm place or swaddled up as well, so you're more than usually attractive as a place to have gentle attention and be a self-heating cushion into the bargain. :D

This also goes with the territory of cat's KNOWING that someone doesn't like them and see this as some kind of challenge, so won't leave them alone...? Apparently that's because people who don't like cats aren't too disposed to smile at them and so the cat takes that as a sign that no aggression is intended... that or the little sods know damn well that they're being annoying and want to set off allergies or whatever :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 am

Rabbits! :D

Although I like all small furries. So I'll probably vote both, unless a "rabbits" option opens up in the next 24 hours :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:26 am

Rabits scare me eversince I saw Monty Python and the Holy Grail
:oops:
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:09 am

You don't want to meet mine then :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Trish » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Cats Rule, drool, shed and are independent and inventive.

Kittens are absolutely mad little creatures. They do look at you with the same crazy look as they do grass, other cats, dirt, food, and everything else...

And they're much more entertaining and cheaper than cable.
Trish

Next

Return to The Broken Drum