a nice evening

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

a nice evening

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:09 pm

what is your idea of a perfect evening :?:
mine was a few years ago ,we had been out for a meal with friends and had come home at about 9pm,id taken the dog out for a walk ,come back and the boss had couched in on the sofa the dog settled into bed and i turned the tv on. i had a nice brandy and one of my treasured cuban cigars and watched "under milk wood" with richard burton.
no night of getting married or child birth this is purely self indulgence
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tiffany » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:52 pm

A good book to read. :)
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Omnia » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:59 pm

A perfect evening? Hard to say. At the moment I think a decent, substantial meal with friends, followed by a summer evening spent in the garden would fit that bill...

It's easier to talk about the best evenings I've HAD rather than what I'd consider to be a perfect evening...
Doth not a penny to the widow outshine the unconquered sun

AKA g'nomi :-)
Omnia

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Well it would have to be in Tucson with Sharlene. It wouldn't matter too much what we were doing just as long as we were together. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Depends on how I'm feeling at the time. Sometimes it's hubby and I watching a movie, sometimes just reading a book, sometimes diving into a project, or what I'm in the mood for tonight - peace and quiet. :)
Catch-up

Postby Batty » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:37 am

A quiet, peaceful day with a good book, a glass of red wine and some chocolate... Bliss! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:54 pm

A darkened room, several scantily clad women painted in day-glo, and a dark light camera. :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby WannabeAngua » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:28 pm

A darkened room, several scantily clad women painted in day-glo, and a dark light camera.

May I be so bold as to ask you how many nice evenings you have in, let's say a month, Pooh?? :lol: :lol:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:46 pm

WannabeAngua wrote:
A darkened room, several scantily clad women painted in day-glo, and a dark light camera.

May I be so bold as to ask you how many nice evenings you have in, let's say a month, Pooh?? :lol: :lol:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh gawds... picks self up from floor. In a country where you can get almost ANYTHING in vending machines... falls off chair again. Oh dear...
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby poohbcarrot » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:01 pm

WannabeAngua wrote:

Not as many as I'd like to have, because I have trouble getting hold of the day-glo paint. :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:57 pm

Sitting in the front yard, out in the middle of Nowhere, listening to all the birds singing, and feeling the warm sun on my face as it moves through the sky. Looking up and realizing that the kittens are not as scared of me as they were yesterday.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Trish » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:09 am

Quiet night and a good book.
Trish

Postby Jakindra » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:02 am

When I was in Brighton with my best friend. We went out in the evening to have dinner and maybe go to a pub. Then we'd return home somewhere around 00 and sit in the sofa watching tv (stand-up) and reading until 03-ish or we just fell asleep sitting there. Some of the best evenings I've ever had <3 (can't be done in Norway since a) nowhere remotely cheap or closeby to go out for casual dinner b) nothing good on tv, ever!)
"It's difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes you are interrupted by dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper"
Jakindra

Postby poohbcarrot » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:00 am

But at least day-glo luminous paint is cheap in Norway! :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Pooh! That sort of thing will make you go blind :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Next

Return to The Broken Drum